Chapter 4

I'm really sorry it took so long! I had an enormous project due in my engineering class. XP

~~~~~~~~~~

"(Name), as stated in the Cross Academy rulebook, we can't change your class unless we get permission from a parent or guardian.... I'm sorry...."

That's it. The very sentence that ruined your entire day. Your one chance to see your old friends, and it was ruined. You disappointedly looked up at the Headmaster.

"May I at least go with the Night Class tour group so I may see my friends? I already know my way around the campus." The Headmaster smiled slightly and patted your head.

"Of course," he said as he removed his hand from your head.

"You'll have to get going pretty quickly, though. The Night Class tour group has already left-" You cut him off by taking off down the path (nyoom) leading to the Moon Dorms. You arrived right as Yuki and Lindsay were about to enter. Startled by your sudden appearance, Yuki asked,

"(N-Name)! What are you doing here?" Lindsay snarled when she heard your name.

"Yeah, what are you doing here?!" she yelled angrily, still mad about not getting to take a tour with Zero. You simply smirked at her anger towards you and replied,

"Headmaster Cross gave me permission to join you guys~" Yuki smiled happily knowing that now she wouldn't have to be alone with the She-Devil. Lindsay just scoffed and mumbled rude things about you.

"Well, let's head in! We'll have to be quiet, though. They're all asleep right now." Yuki whispered as she slowly opened the door. Lindsay became impatient and shoved the door open. The bottom of her shirt, however, had gotten caught on the door handle. The force from the opening door had caused her to be flung forward onto the ground. You restrained yourself from laughing, but your smug face had turned into one of disgust. You instantly covered your nose to keep yourself from gagging. After looking around, you found the source of the putrid odor.

Lindsay was bleeding. Loud banging came from atop the staircase, causing the three of your heads to turn to that direction. A second later, a green-faced Aido had came running across the balcony toward the bathrooms. A second later, you saw Takuma and Ruka running in the same direction, both with faces similar in color to Aido's. Not wanting anyone else to get sick because of the rancid blood, you used your schedule to give yourself a paper cut. You winced slightly at the stinging, but was relieved when you couldn't smell Lindsay's blood over your own.

You heard more banging coming from the bathroom, but soon realized what it was when Aido came running back. When he saw you, he jumped off the balcony and ran to hug you.

"Lady (Name)! We've missed you!" he grinned. You hugged him back, happy to see one of your best friends again, but was interrupted by a calm voice coming from the stairs.

"(Name)?"