Chapter 10

I really want to show my appreciation to you guys. You all eagerly wait for me to update, and if it takes me a while, you still don't say mean things to or about me. I've had a bunch of school/emotional troubles recently, and every time I open Wattpad and someone's leaves a comment like "This story is super good!!", it really brightens my day, so in thanks, I'm going to try to update as much as I can this week <3

~

"What do you mean my father's back?!" you panicked. If someone resurrected your father, then that meant someone wanted either you or Kaname dead. You began pacing around the room, your hands pulling on your hair, and and your eyes on the verge of tears.

"What am I going to do?! I can't go back to living with that monster! He'll kill me!" you mumbled to yourself. The wavering and cracking in your voice showed how terrified you were. It made Kaname very upset. The first time he killed your father, it was just to keep him from ruining the refined image of the pureblood vampires. But this time, it was personal. If his mere presence in the world frightened you so much, Kaname was going to make sure that he wouldn't set a foot near you.

Kaname reached out and stopped your pacing by pulling you into a loving embrace. You held onto him tightly as you began to cry on his shoulder. For every second you cried, Kaname got angrier and angrier at your father. He would show him no mercy for what he's done to you.

"Shhh...." Kaname tried to help calm you by stroking you hair with one hand while the other one rubbed your back. It stayed like that for a few minutes longer, then you pulled away from Kaname so you could compose yourself. You wiped your eyes and said to him,

"I'm sorry. I don't think I've been behaving as a proper pureblood should." You let out a nervous laugh. A second later, Kaname gently held your cheek and brought you closer.

"(Name)... No matter how you act, or what you do,  I will always love you." he whispered in your ear before kissing you deeply.

It surprised you at first, seeing as you never imagined Kaname to be the romantic type, but you slowly found yourself kissing back. After a few seconds, Kaname pulled away and held your face with both hands, looking straight into your (E/C) eyes with his brown ones.

"(Name). Once we rid the world of your father for good, marry me."

His words caught you off-guard, and left you speechless.

"K-Kaname, I-" he cut you off by softly pressing a finger to your lips. A small smile made its way onto his face.

"You didn't instantly say no, so there is still hope. Take some time to consider it. But for now, get some rest. Now that you have moved to the Night Class, you will have a hard time changing your sleep habits." He took your hand and led you to your old room, which was surprisingly he same as you left it, but before you went in, Kaname lifted your hand to his lips and placed a chaste kiss on it.

"Goodnight my dear (Name)." he said as he went back to his room, leaving you a blushing mess.

Who knew such a small thing could make a girl blush so hard.