Part 14: Storyteller

Peyton's POV
5 weeks later

I had woken up with the feel of someone's hand in mine.

"Peyton?!? Oh my god I love you so much!"

She went in to kiss me but I pulled away.

"Pey? Did I do something?"

"I'm sorry but do I know you?How do you know my name?"

Looking at her eyes I could tell her heart shattered into a million pieces.

"Miss Carpenter? The medications we gave Peyton have a side effect of memory loss. Permanent or temporary we don't know."

"How do I make him remember me?" The girl's eyes got red and tears started pouring down her face.

"Hey come here."

I opened my arms to hug her, but she ran out bawling her eyes out.

"Nurse? Can I go after her?"

She looked at me and almost declined my question, but felt bad and told me to walk with my monitor.

"Nurse do you know her name?"

"Sabrina, Sabrina Carpenter. She helped keep you alive, I'd tell you more but I think she would like to do so herself."

"Thank you."

I walked down the hall following the noise of her crying.

"Sabrina?"

The crying stopped.

"Sabrina open up."

She was in the janitors closet and she opened the door for me.

"Sabrina I'm sorry I don't remember you, but if you help me I can try to- what's that?"

I could see red seeping through her white long sleeved shirt.

"Nothing Peyton it's nothing."

I lifted her arm and rolled back her sleeve.

"You cut yourself?!?"

"Shhhh Peyton don't be so loud!"

"No someone I love is hurting herself!"

"What?"

I think I remembered something... Sabrina Carpenter, huh? Why does that sound so familiar?

"I um... I love you... I think I do! I remembered something!"

Without thinking I grabbed her face and kissed her. She kissed back and I had so many flashbacks. As soon as we broke the kiss, I grabbed her hand.

"We are married Sabrina Carpenter! I remember! Bradley! He was the last person I saw! I remember everyone, even our friends Blowin and Story! No Cowan and - ugh I don't know."

I sat down and Sab sat next to me. My memory wasn't completely back, but I was happy I remembered her.

"I love you Peyton."

"I love you too Sabrina."

Just like that we fell asleep with her head on my shoulder and my arm around her.

-------------------

I had woken up, but I acted asleep when the nurse went to check on us because I didn't want to leave yet, or at all.

When she left, I felt Sabrina lift her head.

"Nice acting Pey."

"Haha."

We sat there in silence for a little while with our hands latched together, staring at each other.

"So Pey, what did you dream about?"

"You."

She blushed

"And some other brunette and a boy with light hair."

"Haha that's Rowan and Corey, our best friends."

We sat there and talked for hours and hours. We never got bored of each other. She told me stories of when I was unconscious, and we agreed to save the ones when I was dead for later because when she tried talking about it, she cried, and I held her for about 15 minutes, and she would tell me how she almost lost me. She told me how great it was to feel my pulse again in my hand. She told me stories about Rowan and Corey, trying to jog my memory. Some worked, but I still didn't completely know them. The nurse brought us food and told us where the bathrooms were. I had to go, but I couldn't leave her, and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't let me go anywhere alone because of Bradley. I was gonna get him back, but not because of what he did to me, I didn't care about that, but I was going to get him back for giving Sabrina a huge red mark and burn on her thighs. She woke me up a few times because she was in so much pain from the burn. I got the doctor and she brought Aloe Vera, which calmed her down a bit. She also told us that we can lay on my bed, so we went and lie there until the next day, when I was cleared to go home.

_________________

I think that is the longest chapter I've ever written! 739 words!!! Enjoy!