Chapter 6

Disclaimer: I don't own the Mortal Instruments or the characters.

Chapter 6: Car Ride

Clary's Point of View:

The door opened and in came Principle Rockett, Mrs. Krull, and...Simon!

Crap! Why Simon?

We faced our upcoming punishment. Principle Rockett and Mrs. Krull looked outraged while Simon looked sad and hurt.

I couldn't look at Simon. I just couldn't. He looked too sad and too hurt. He's look hurt me. Witnessing this scene probably hurt him.

But why? It's not like we're together. Well, I don't think so. It was only one kiss, it didn't mean anything. Right? Right!

"Ms. Morgenstern and Mr. Fray; once again, get to my office!" Principle Rockett yelled already heading out. We all followed them.

Mrs. Krull kept glaring us down. "What did I say you two?"

"Hey, you didn't say anything about making-out honey," Jace said smirking.

I can't believe he just said that! Now we're totally dead! Oh, I can already see what Valentine will do to me...

Her face contorted. "Principle Rocket," She said fast walking to catch up to him. "I want these kids EXPELD!"

"Now, now; I have a better punishment for these two."

We all walked into Principle Rockett's office. Principle Rocket turned to Simon. "You're in a very bad condition, Simon. I think it's best to call your mother and go to the hospital as soon as possible."

He nodded and half-walk half-limped out the door. I sighed. I didn't realize until now that Simon had to limp to move around. Jace messed him up big time...and me.

He turned back to us with a wicked evil smile. "As for you two, I have a more severe punishment. Not only will you get more detentions, but both you have to help out on the school's winter dance. You'll also miss some of your lunches helping out the lunch lady. Also, you two will be strictly under surveillance by every teacher in this school. One or two strikes from anyone of us will be suspension and more punishments when you return. Three strikes and I'll have you expelled as well as mention this to any school you go to, and you'll be punished there too. I'll make sure of it. Understand?"

I nodded furiously, wide-eyed. Jace, on the other hand, just yawn and nodded once. "Got it Mr. Principle Man," he slurred lazily, "Can we go now?"

Principle Rockett eyed Jace for a second before nodding. "Both of you are dismissed." As he said this Mrs. Krull looked extremely upset.

"But Principle Rocket-"

"Enough," he held his hand up, silencing her, "I have decided."

She nodded once and watches suspiciously as we stood up to leave.

Jace wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer. "Okay, than. Let's go, babe." I raised my eyebrow at him but didn't tell him to get his arm off of me or to not call me 'babe'. We walk outside the principal's office and soon the school without saying a word. The sun was close to beginning to set.

How long have we been in there? I wondered. Panic filled me.

Valentine; I stopped walking and Jace faced me with a question mark on his face.

"What's wrong?"

Ignoring his question I said, "What time is it?"

He looked down at his watch on his wrist. "5:42," he replied dully. My eyes widen even more and I looked at the ground trying to figure something out.