Chapter 5

Disclaimer: I DO NOT own the Mortal Instruments or any of the characters and that's just how life is. D:

Chapter 5: Detention

Clary's Point of View:

Once the school bell rang, I was terrified. I was at my locker and putting stuff in my Muse bag.

Detention...detention...detention! On my first day of school! Forgive me, Valentine!

I took out my sucky phone and called Valentine, hoping he won't answer and I'll just receive his voice mail. Fortunately, it went straight to voice mail.

"Hello, you've reached Valentine and if I didn't answer, I'll be sure to get you next time. Bye!"

I bit my fingernails, thinking of what to say and finally thought of something, smiling. "Hi, Daddy, it's me, Clarissa. Principal Rockett suggested I stayed after school with the school's winter dance! Is that okay with you, Daddy? Let me know if it's not. I hope you do let me though. I gotta go. Bye, Daddy!"

I closed my phone feeling satisfied. Using 'Daddy' and 'Clarissa' would sure have Valentine reeled in. And I wasn't lying about the winter dance. And, Principal Rockett did encourage me to help. I thought of the last time we talked, which was about how Jace could be expelled since Jace brook Simon's right arm, left leg, and his nose. It a good thing Simon convinced the principal to let him go. But I wonder why...

"Well, well. Who's a naughty lying little girl?"

I jumped and spun around seeing Jace's smirking face. I blushed at how he said 'naughty' "Y-you don't understand. M-my father-"

"You're Daddy?" Jace said grinning.

Then, finally I realized he was making fun of me. I narrowed my eyebrows and gave him my best evil-eye glare. Unfortunately, it doesn't work on dicks like Jace, because it only made him grin even more.

Dick. Ass. Bitch. Man whore. Mother fucker. Dumb shit. Dick sucker. Ass licker. I used every bad word I could think of. Then, I finally realized I was saying them out loud and some students including a few teachers were staring at me, as if I was an insane nut. Jace just stood there crossing his arms with one eyebrow raised and smirking, of course. I was starting to really hate his smirk.

"Impressive Clarissa, I had no idea a girl like you would know such naughty-" Again with the naughty, I thought, rolling my eyes. "-words. But I can do better, bi-"

I got up on my tip toes and placed two fingers against his lips to stop him from continuing. His eyebrows just went up and pretty much everyone else in the room, including Simon, stared at us. I sighed. Simon looked horrible.

Why isn't he at the hospital? I thought feeling concerned. I thought of how this picture between Jace and I looked and I blushed.

I slowly peeled my fingers off his lips. I then grabbed Jace's wrist muttering under my breath, "Let's just go to detention and get this over with."

I passed Simon and tried to ignore him, but he had such a shocked and hurtful expression, that it made me feel like running to him saying "I'm so sorry" over and over again.

Instead, I was stuck with this dick, which the school's population likes-for some unknown reason-going to heading to the opposite of Simon's path together. Yep, my first day at Shadow Hunters High is just perfect.

Jace finally spoke up, after being silent for a while. "You're going the wrong way."

"What?" I said stupidly.

Being my stupid self, I just looked at him, dumbstruck, and said "What?" again. He jolts his thumb in the opposite direction and said, "Detention's that way."