Corrupted Prophecy Chpt.7

As Beck murmured these words I hear something struggling in the woods near us. Heath lets out a low growl and steps in front of me protectively. Beck and Leo tense up but then I catch the distinct smell of a hunter waft through my nose. Heath must of smelled it too because before I know it he swoops me up in his arms and was ready to run but then Leo steps in his path.

“Dude, chill. It is just the hunter’s daughter you are smelling. Can’t you pick up the scent of Aria and Hazel with her?” Leo cocks his eyebrow and rolls his eyes. I feel Heath relax slightly and slowly set me down but his arm stays around my waist as we wait for them to come through the brush.

Aria and Hazel had her in between them with a torn piece of clothing as a blind fold. The girl was petite and had firey red long hair that reached to her waist. She had scratches on her face and her clothes were pretty beat up too. A pang of guilt went through me when I noticed the dry tears staining her cheeks. Poor thing was caught in the middle of all this. I don’t know what I would do if I was in her shoes because we looked about the same age. She didn’t need to be here and I didn’t like it.

The girl trips and falls to the ground blindly. I rush to help her up but Heath’s arm around my waist keeps me anchored. I let out a growl and scowl up at him but he just sternly shakes his head no and tightens his hold on me. I don’t understand why he was being this way. The girl is obviously harmless!

“I don’t like this at all,” I whisper harshly to Heath but he isn’t paying attention to me. He is glaring at Aria as she sports a devil’s grin.

“This is the perfect thing to use against the hunters. We have them in the palm of our hands when we can easily threaten them with her.,” Aria sneers.

Heath clenches his fists but doesn’t say anything. I could feel his fuming anger. Aria was out of control.

The girl gradually sits up and there are twigs and leafs stuck in her hair. We have created a circle around her and I was wondering why no one was talking. I open my mouth to say something but the girl beats me to it.

“I know you are there,” she boldly announces. “I will not give you any information about my tribe. Kill me or torture me but I will not succumb to you monsters.”

Aria shuts her up by kicking her in the back. She falls once again to the floor but this time she braces herself with her hands. I try wriggling out of Heaths iron hold but he will not give. I watch helplessly as Aria circles around her blind prey. I can’t take it.

“Aria! Stop. She did nothing to you so just leave her alone. She doesn’t deserve this,” I yell.

Aria marches toward me with a murderous look and I bet if Heath wasn’t with me I would’ve gotten a punch to the face.

“Hell she deserves it! Do you know why I don’t have a fucking family?! It’s because of those bastards!” She jabs her finger at the girl hunter who winces. “They murdered my family, every single one of them. But you know why I am still alive? They spared my life to teach me a lesson to never mess with them. Well guess what, I sure as hell didn’t follow their advice.” She lets out a dry laugh and her eyes become distant as though she is reliving something we can’t see. “I found those fucking hunters but I didn’t kill them, no. I killed their families and I spared the hunters to teach them a damn lesson to never mess with me.” Aria looks me dead in the eye and it sends shivers through my body.

The girl shocks us all by whispering, “I am sorry.”

But Aria retaliates by back handing the girl’s face. “Sorry doesn’t bring my family back bitch!,” Aria roars.

“Enough!,” Leo steps forward in between Aria and the helpless girl. Aria looks shocked but then she glares and starts growling. Leo is poised as always but you could tell he could lash out in a matter of seconds.

“Move out of my way before I make you,” Aria threatens.

Leo responds by taking a step closer to Aria in a lethal stance. Aria springs forth with a yell but Leo launches her over his head against a tree. Aria gracefully lands on her feet and hands and is wearing a pissed off looking face. They crash into each other again with flying punches and kicks that I couldn’t keep track of.

“Heath do something,” I plead.

“It’s their battle. Let them fight it out Shiloh. This is not my right to interrupt.”

“But they are going to kill each other if you don’t stop this!”

Aria had her clothes torn and scratches to the face from slamming against trees. Leo was in the same condition but he always stood between Aria and the girl. He was being so protective over her. Aria couldn’t even get a chance of touching the girl.

I feel Heath nod over to Beck to take the girl away from the fighting scene. Beck moves swiftly but the moment he lays a hand on the girl he is thrown a good 20 feet. I gasp when I take in the appearance of Leo as he lets out a territorial growl and advances towards Aria and leaves Beck alone. So Leo was the one who threw Beck. Holy shit.

The fight finally ends when Aria is thrown to the ground and Leo places his foot against her throat. He leans forward but I could hear him whisper with venom, “Never touch her again. If you do, I will make you regret the day those fucking hunters let you live.” He shoves down before releasing her. I expected Aria to launch herself at him after hearing what Leo said but she just stayed immobile on the ground.

Beck comes thundering back for revenge but Hazel stops him by calmly placing a hand on his cheek and soothing him. His hard gaze is still trained on Leo but soon softens as he becomes distracted by Hazel’s calming touch.

Leo crouches down in front of the girl and lightly touches her hand. The girl stumbles backwards and holds her hand protectively to her chest. Leo slowly comes forward again.

“I won’t hurt you. I promise that forever. Just let me take off the blindfold,” Leo coaxes.

The girl raises her head as though she was staring directly at Leo. She meekly nods her head and whispers, “Please.”

Leo wraps his hand around the blindfold and unfolds it revealing a gorgeous pair of light green eyes. I swear I thought I heard Leo and the girl gasp as they take each other in. They acted like they were the only ones in the world and my heart swells when Leo breaks out into a goofy grin and crashes his lips to the girl’s lips.

Sorry for such the late update and short chapter!!! I am trying to get more creative with this story! Tell me what you think! It honestly makes me smile so big when I recieve comments and ratings!!! SO please never stop doing them!!! Love you guys and picture on side is the hunters daughter but imagine redder hair and longer hair :D