Corrupted Prophecy Chpt. 4

Thank you everyone who has voted so far and have taken the time to actually read my story :) Can't express how much happiness I am filled with when people either comment/rate/fan! Please keep doing it!!! I am sorry for the late update! I have been busy with traveling and cross country every day! Ugh! But it is still fun to see all my friends and boyfriend :D

The picture is how I picture Leo ---->

and let me know if you want me to post a picture of Shiloh or not. Because I know sometimes people just like to stick to their own image of the person if you get what I mean. ;)

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

########################################################################

“Why the hell did the hunter have a photo of me?,” I ask the others but I mainly direct the question towards Heath. His expression is hard as stone and he looks mad but it didn’t look like he was going to answer my question any time soon. I peer at everyone else but they either are looking at the ground or glaring at me, which Aria seemed to enjoy doing a lot.

“Heath I don’t think you should have showed her that. It isn’t time yet to tell her and we aren’t even sure if she is the one….unless you aren’t telling us something that we should know.” Aria speaks the last part slowly and gives Heath a sly look. Heath stares her down but looks away and I thought I saw him starting to blush.

“I think Heath made the right move in showing her the picture,” Leo says. Aria shoots him a glare which causes him to shut up.

“Aria, she deserves to know if a hunter was carrying a picture of her around. Wouldn’t you want to know if it was you in the photo?”

Aria seems taken aback, “Well, yes I would. But you still didn’t comment on whether or not she is the one they are looking for…are you hiding something from us?”

“No,” Heath’s response is too quick and rushed.

“Heath spit it out. You know you can’t lie to us but most of all…you can’t lie to me.” I catch a hint of lust in Aria’s eyes as she whispers this last comment. Did Aria and Heath have a past? The thought of it made my blood boil. Heath was mine and no one else’s. A growl starts growing in the back of my throat and everyone stops and stares at me. Without realizing it I had stepped between Aria and Heath.

Aria immediately growls back threateningly and starts crouching down. Before I can pounce Heath grabs me by the waist and puts me behind his back and Beck grips Aria‘s arm. I can’t see Aria’s face over Heath’s back so I peek on my tippy toes and meet her death glare. My eyes glare right back and another deep growl emits from my throat. This sets her off.

She rips her arms out of Beck‘s hold and steps forward. “Shut up you bitch or I swear I will-” Heaths voice roughly cuts her off.

“Aria you do anything to her and I swear you will regret it.” Each word is dripping with threat. Aria backs up startled and I share a little victory dance in my head. That should tell her who Heath wants! I notice that Leo, Beck and Hazel all exchange shocked expressions on their faces. Then they all seem to understand something at the same exact time because then they wink and nod to each other. What was that about?

My thoughts are interrupted when I am met with Heath’s patronizing gaze.

“You,” he makes a point by stepping closer to me to whisper, “ I don’t know what to tell you but there is something going on here that involves a big deal of you and…me. I need you to stay calm and not anger the others, especially Aria. They could seriously hurt you and I don’t know if I could control myself if they succeeded. Don’t make me regret my actions Shiloh.”

I don’t respond mainly because Heath is standing so close and if I leaned in a little closer our lips would be embracing. How does he know how tempting he really is. Heath seems to understand because his eyes become hungry and his breathing starts to hitch. I wasn’t far from tackling him to the ground as it was but I wouldn’t really want an audience.

Heath apparently can read my thoughts because he tells the others to get rid of the body all the while not breaking the connection between us. We weren’t even touching but it was as though our hands were running all over each other the way we were reacting.

I wanted him. I wanted him to be my mate. He is my soul mate….

My eyes widen when I think this last thought and the spell is broken. I back up quickly and put some distance between us. Heath was making me feel something I didn’t want to feel for a vampire. I was supposed to be mated with a werewolf, someone of my kind. This had never happened before and I wasn’t about to be the first woman to mate with a vampire.

The other part of me though was yearning for his touch in more ways than one. I had barely met the guy and I wanted to be literally attached to his hip. This swing of emotion was nothing like I had ever experinecd before. No one could have prepared me for this maddening urge to wrap my body around his and to never leave the comfort of his strong embrace. But all these feelings and rushes of emotions I shouldn’t feel for a vampire. It is just not normal. I am not falling for those passionate eyes that were bearing down on me at the moment. I would not fall for the muscle I felt wrap around my waist when he pulled me away from Aria. I would not fall for those kissable lips that whispered my name.

“Shiloh, please.” Heath looks at me desperately.

“No Heath. I can’t,” I whisper sadly.

Before Heath can say anything else Leo walks in between us and I just now realized he hadn’t left. I back up another step and Heath looks annoyed when Leo turns to him.

“Thought you said you didn’t know anything else. Obviously that isn’t true. You knew the moment you saw her, didn’t you? You knew she was your soul mate. Don’t you dare tell me she isn’t because I saw the whole thing that just went down between you guys. There really was no denying it. You better tell everyone else what is going on because this is the information we needed to launch the raid.” Leo looks seriously at Heath and shakes his head.

“Leo, I am not even sure if she is my…soul mate. Besides, you know how well Aria would take that. All I know is that when Hazel and Beck found each other they were all over one another. They couldn’t control themselves. And obviously it isn’t that way for us. I have only touched her a couple times and if we were soul mates we would be committing the inevitable of not having body contact right now.”

Leo just rolls his eyes, “I am not fucking blind Heath. You guys are having an internal battle right now of lust for each other. It’s plain as day. She is the one for you and she is the key to this whole puzzle. Now we just have to put it all together before they kill her-” Leo stops talking when Heath suddenly shoves him to get him to shut up. I am instantly even more suspicious.

“Obviously you guys aren’t telling me everything…” I leave it open ended so maybe someone could complete my thought with an answer but no one is opening up. I let out a frustrated sigh and decide to be complicated. I will force an answer then. Before anyone could react I sprinted in the other direction as fast as I could. My speed was a little over half that of a vampire but they were caught off guard.

I swiftly turn a corner around and leap onto a fallen log to propel myself up in a tree where I proceed to climb all the way to the top. I smile satisfied with myself because I wasn’t even out of breath after just recovering from Beck’s beatings. The smile is wiped off my face when I hear a voice calling up to me.

“I know you are up there Shiloh. You can’t hide from me. You have a very…distinct smell to you. Would recognize it from more than a mile away. So never bother hiding from me because it’s close to impossible.” I peer down through the leaves and see Heath staring straight at me. Damn, he is good. Since I know he sees me I glare at him and stick my tongue out. I want him to come get me because I am not moving.

Heath smirks devilishly at me, “Don’t make me come and get you Shiloh…”

“Bite me.”