Seriously?

"Sophie!" I heard someone call my name loudly. "Sophie!! Oh! There you are!" My head whipped over in the direction of the voice that was calling me and saw the last person I ever expected to see at this moment.

Farrah.

"What...what are you doing here?" It took me a second to realize that Luke and I were caught in a rather awkward position right now. I quickly took a step away from him and tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear casually. 

Farrah had an amused look on her face that was all too familiar to me. Her eyes danced back and forth between Luke and I. "Farrah?" I asked again. "What are you doing here?"

Her eyes left mine and stayed locked on Luke who seemed to be a little confused by the way he just stood there with his hands in his pockets, completely clueless. He had to be wondering who this crazy girl was. Hell, I was wondering who she was. For once in her life Farrah was speechless, staring at Luke none the less. She always had something to say even in the most awkward moments like this one.

But of course that moment for her was short lived. She just had to say something.

I watched her carefully as her eyes roamed over Luke's body, then she turned to me. "Is he the one with the big- "

"FARRAH!" Please, someone kill me now. I don't care how, just do it. Now.

I heard what sounded like a laugh then a sly cough come from Luke's mouth. Farrah really knew how to make her presence known. 

I didn't even bother to try and hide the scarlette red color that my cheeks held from my best friend's comment. There was no point. Luke had gotten his laugh and Farrah had gotten the attention she needed and wanted.

"Luke, I'll uhm...can you...uhh, maybe we should..." I had no idea what to say. 

"I'll go wait by the car." Luke nodded once, understanding what I was trying to get out of my mouth, then he walked past Farrah and I to go grab his shoes then head up the beach.

"Well...you sure know how to pick 'em, Soph." Farrah's high-pitched voice chimed in. 

I stood there on the sand staring at her. By now the sun was mostly set and there was a light, cool breeze flowing along. Perfect moment, completely and utterly ruined. 

"Farrah, what are you doing here?" I sighed quietly, slightly annoyed that whatever was about to happen with Luke just minutes ago was now never going to happen.

She stood there with the same old grin on her face as she swayed her weight from leg to leg. "Well actually, I was just in the neighborhood..."

I rolled my eyes. We both knew that was a load of bull. "I'd like the truth, please."

Her grin was replaced by an annoyed look. "Fine, fine. Okay well...when you left the other night I was worried obviously. I've been worried about you a lot lately. You spend all your time at that hospital. It's not healthy, Soph."

"What does that have to do with you coming to the beach that I just so happened to be at?"

"I'm getting there, I'm getting there." As those words came out of her mouth, behind her I saw Luke still slowly walking up the beach to his car. "Like I was saying, it's not healthy. I know he's your brother. Noah means everything to you but sometimes people just have to let go and you havent done that." Farrah's eyes moved away from me and down to the sand on her bare feet. "You're obviously not happy and your life could be a lot more fun if you weren't so obsessed with making Noah better."

"I don't understand where you're getting at, Farrah." 

"What I'm getting at is...you're not happy and people who aren't happy are usually depressed and depressed people...well they..." Her voice trailed off in a low, inaudiable whisper.

I tilted my head slighty to the side. "What was that?"

She thinks im depressed. I may not be at my happisest right now but I'm sure as hell not depressed. I'm perfectly fine. 

"Depressed people try and kill themselves, Sophie." Those words that came out of her mouth were words that I will never forget for as long as I'm alive.

"You think i'm going to kill myself?" My voice was just loud enough for her to hear.

"Listen, I went to the hospital and you weren't there so I asked around and someone said something about you goint to the beach. They didn't mention anything about you being with Mr. Abercrombie and Fitch over there so I just assumed...you know."

All I could do was shake my head. This was unbelievable. "You assumed what? I was going to try and drown myself? Jump off the peir hoping to hit some rocks on the way down. Oh wait! Better yet, maybe you thought I'd go out with a bang and swim out. Wait for the sharks." I couldn't help but laugh, even in this serious situation.

"No, Sophie that's not it. I just," she sighed. "I don't even know what I thought. I was just worried about you."

"Worried about me? If you were worried about me you would be worried about Noah too, but not you Farrah. You only worry about yourself. If you really were worried about me you would talk to me. Not just assume I'm some crazy girl who hates life and decides to kill herself."

And with that I walked right past her, grabbed my shoes from the sand and ran over to the boardwalk that led to the street.

I could hear Farrah yelling for me but I ignored her as I looked around triying to find Luke's car. That's all I wanted. FInd him and his car and get back to the hospital. Obviously this whole "vacation" thing was a horrible idea. I was right from the beginning. I didn't need to go out and do anything. What I needed to do was stay at the hospital with my brother until her gets better. I don't care if it takes five more days, five more months or five more years. That's where I belonged- at Noah's side.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So....i tried to make this one long and fun and interesting but it just didn't work so i guess it's a filler. soory its so short and sorry for the long wait. School is back and im busy busy busy worrying about college and blahh blah.

JUST KNOW...that the enxt chapter im planning having some little heartfelt moments :') or :'( haha which kind? im not going to tell you! anyways...yeah sory for the long wait for a boring chapter :( comment if you'd like :)

OH! and just incase....please dont take any offence to the whole suicidal thing. it is a tough subject, i know so thats why i didnt go into detail with it.