Choices

I woke up staring at something grey. I'm not really sure what it was but it was grey. Now normal people wake up and automatically see their room or maybe they fell asleep on the couch so they see their living room. Well for me, most of the time I wake in a uncomfortable chair and see white hospitals walls in front of me but not today. Today I wake up and see plain grey.

How depressing.

I shifted my arm just slightly and that's when I noticed my body was tightly squished against this big, strange grey thing. I furrowed my brows in frustration at not knowing what it was so I did the only reasonable thing I could think of. I poked it. 

I only poked it slightly but this thing sure was hard. Maybe it was wall but last time I checked walls weren't so warm.

Just as I was about to poke it again it moved. Oh my God, it moved!

The grey thing I was smashed up against just moved. Walls sure as hell do not move! 

I shifted my body in the opposite direction of the grey moving "wall"  but I didn't move very far because something was around my waist and it had me pinned. I just blinked my eyes a couple times to make sure I wasn't in some weird dreaming state and of course I wasn't. I turned my head just a little bit, which was't very easy considering my face is an inch from the grey thing and the other thing around my waist has me pinned, and I saw a hand. The hand was attached to an arm.

Shocker right? A hand attached to am arm. Who would've thought?

Slowly, I turned my head back to look at the grey object and it moved again! That's when I lost it. I let out a loud scream, threw my arms out in front of me and shoved my hands against whatever it was. Within a split second I felt myself hit the hard, cold floor. That's going to hurt later.

"Whoa! What the hell?" Luke. I would know his voice anywhere by this point. 

I scrambled from the floor to my feet, still a little confused as to what was happening and looked at the young man who was wearing a grey t-shirt. So that why it was so warm! His stupid body heat. "Luke!?"

He blinked a couple times as he just look up at me. He was laying down on a hospital bed and his body was as far over on the edge as possible leaving a small open space for...me. 

Luke sighed quietly and ran a quick hand through his hair before putting his arm behind his head and closing his eyes. "No shit, Sophie."

I'm guessing Allison must have either been close or just passing the corner because i heard her voice. "Watch your mouth young man."

Luke just shook his head. What the hell was going on?

"Where are we?" I looks directly at him even though he couldn't see me since his eyes were shut.

"The hospital." 

"Well obviously we're at the hospital Luke!"

He opened his eyes and looked at me. "Well then why did you ask if you already knew?"

I crossed my arms over my chest. He had a good point. I had no idea why I had just asked him that. Of course we were at the hospital. Why else would we be sleeping in a hospital bed together?

....Sleeping in a bed together!? 

"Why were you in a bed with me? In the middle of the hallway? Alone?" Okay we weren't really alone since doctors and nurses were passing by us every two seconds but still. I need to make my point. I have no remembrance of last night. How i ended up in this tiny little bed with Luke out of all people was beyond me.

"You act like I took you to some random motel. We are in the middle of the hospital. It's..." He looked over my head to see what time it was. "One in the afternoon. Chill out."