Farrah The Not So Wonderful

I spent the last two days either walking around the halls of the hospital or sleeping in my butt-imprinted chair. Luke hadn't come by the hospital during those last two days. I didn't bother to ask Allison why because how strange would that be? We officially met only a few days ago and you couldn't really label us as "friends". 

He had a life, unlike me. He had a family, unlike me. He had a promising future, unlike me. Why would he waste his spare time here in a depressing place full of sick people? Sure, he had come a couple times but just to visit his Allison at work. That's completely normal. I remember going to visit my grandma all the time before she passed away due to a stroke. 

I just find it strange that I'm missing him. Wow, how sad. Two days and I'm already missing some guy I don't even know. I really need to sort out my issues. 

Well at least I wont have to worry about waiting around in a white covered room with pictures of whales swimming underwater all around me. Today I got to be at home and actually get some real down time. Down time that I have wanted for a while now. The only thing that made this time suck was that Noah was stuck in the hospital still. I shouldn't be shocked. He will probably be in there for months...maybe even closer to a year. Who knows, right?

I was just about to get up from the couch and go to the kitchen when I heard a loud knock on my door then the ringing of the doorbell took over my small house. 

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" I yelled at whoever was rudely ringing the doorbell.

I quickly jumped from the couch and walked over to the front door, slowly opening it.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!!" What was standing on my front doorstep was something I didn't expect at all. My best friend Farrah was standing in front of me with a her signature smirk on her face and in her hands where two bags containing God knows what.

I just stared at her with a bored look on my face. "Farrah, it's the middle of June."

She obviously didn't like my reaction. "Oh come on Soph! You know I'm totally kidding! Aren't you even the slightest bit happy to see me!?" She dropped her bags and flung herself at my, wrapping her arms around my neck and pulling me in for a big hug. 

I laughed quietly then hugged her back. I realized how much I missed her. Sure we saw each other at school everyday but even then I was never focused on anything but Noah. Then summer came and all our plans never happened. She goes out and has the time of her life while I'm basically being a parent to Noah.

We held onto each other for a few seconds more then she released me from her hold and picked up her bags.

"Here, come in." I smiled at her as I moved out of the way to let her walk inside my house. I closed the door once she made her way past me and into the living room.

"I will never get over how small this place is, Soph. I mean it's just so tiny but it's nice...in a way." I laughed. She does this every time she comes over, which is almost never. Last time she was here she complained how my closet wasn't even a closet. She said it looked like a cupboard where you store canned foods. Obviously she was being a tad bit dramatic but that's Farrah for you.

"Yes, I'm very aware of my home, thank you." I walked over to the couch and sat down at the same time Farrah did. "So what's in the bags? Don't tell me it's another one of your plans to kidnap the lifeguard down at Coral Bay again."

"That was one time! Plus, did you see his body? He's like sex on legs, Sophie." Her face was completely serious. Farrah sure did have a way with words. 

"Sure he is Farr, but seriously, what's in the bags?" I asked again.

She smiled and picked one bag up and set it down on her lap. "Well, I got some things for you! Since you seem to be lacking your shopping skills right now." She looked over my clothes quickly and rolled her eyes. What was wrong with my clothes? I was wearing a simple black v-neck and some light jeans with my slippers. Is it a crime to look like this in my own house?