Chapter 4

Day 4,

After the doll was burned, I figured that I could get a good night's sleep... I thought wrong. I was awoken at like 2 in the morning by small footsteps padding across the floor. The weird thing is that my mom and dad are sleeping, my dog (Taz) is laying at the foot of my bed, and I am an only child. I sighed and threw the blankets off my body. I walked over to my door and glanced down the hallway, nothing there. Then I heard child laughter and when I turned around, my bedroom door slammed shut. I was locked out of my room and all I heard was loud children's laughter and things being broke and thrown around. I screamed for my mom and dad and slowly sunk to my knees. My dad came running with a bat in his hands and my mom trailing behind him. My dad found that the door was locked, so he kicked it down. We all stood in shock as we stared at the horrifying scene. My room was trashed! My bed was broke into a bunch of pieces, all my toys were thrown around and broken, my dresser and bookshelf were all busted up, and there was huge, red writing all over my walls! The writing read; GET OUT! THIS IS OUR HOUSE! BAD THINGS HAPPENED HERE! WE ARE YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE! But, the most frightening one read, WE HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN STARTED YET, THIS IS JUST THE BEGINNING! I then remembered that Taz was in my room. I ran around the room frantically, searching through all of the rubbish for my dog. Just as I was about to give up, he came running out of the bathroom, cuts covering his nose. Nothing was damaged in the bathroom besides the mirror in which my father had yet to replace. I held my dog tight as I fell down on my knees, crying into Taz's fur. My dad dropped the bat and held me in his arms, rocking me as if I were a small child.

"Do you believe me now?" I asked my parents. My mom had tears welling up in her eyes and couldn't speak. My dad spoke up softly.

"We believe you", He whispered, "You can sleep with us tonight". He picked up my fragile body, my mom picking up the bat, and carried me to their room. But, when I glanced over my dad's shoulders, I saw a small face at the end of the hallway staring back at me, smiling ever so slightly. They... whoever "they" were... were right, this was just the beginning.