Chapter 3

Day 3,

I woke up with a major headache. My mom was sitting by my bedside and when I asked her what happened all she said was that she heard screaming and when she ran downstairs she found me passed out with a doll standing in front of me. I asked her frantically where she put the doll. She handed it to me and said that I needed to get some rest. She left the room and me alone with the doll. I stared at the doll, noticing that the blank expression on her face was now distorted into a slightly, devilish grin. I threw the doll into the chest at the foot of my bed and locked it up. As I started to doze off I heard heavy rattling. I sat up quickly and saw the chest had been opened and flipped over. The doll was nowhere to be seen. My heart started beating rapidly as I noticed something run into my bathroom, slamming the door behind it. I grabbed the bat that I stored in my closet and closed in on the bathroom door. I flung it open... but I didn't see anything. I glanced in the mirror and saw the doll staring back at me. I closed my eyes and swung the bat as hard as I could, shattering the large mirror. I turned around and fell back into the shower, tearing down the shower curtain. As the doll crept closer to me, I shut my eyes tightly, screaming my heart out. I opened my eyes and my mom was rocking me, brushing the hair out of my eyes.

"That's it", she said, "We are getting rid of this doll!" My mom grabbed the doll in one hand and my hand in the other. Walking outside, she set the doll down and lit a fire in the fire pit. She threw the doll in the fire and held me tight as we watched the doll melt in the fire. As the doll was being burned alive, I knew this wasn't the end.