Surprise

(Two months later )

I walked up to the salon door to get ready for opening as soon as I get in, I sit in the front chair and watch the rain hit the pavement outside just thinking about how I'm still living with Nicole ; I'v had it up to here with here smart remarks about Kesha and Keana and I help her pay rent that's why I don't know why she's tripping about bills I pay the water bill , the light bill , and rent she's basically living off of me and on top of that she doesn't even clean up, all she does is smoke cigarettes , and watch tv.

I had to just had to cry right now it was all that was in me , my phone was ringing I looked to see who it was and it was roqueisha probably telling me she can't come into work again this is going to be the fifth day she hasn't came to work , and the problem is she has a big clientel and she's always standing them up and I have to do them , I'm tired of that shit forreal I start getting my work area ready for my day trying to calm myself down darwen walks in he's one of our barbers and he's also the closest boy I will get to having a brother he looks at me with sorrow in his soft hazel eyes and low cut fade he didn't even say anything because he's the only one in the shop that knows my story he just hugs me until I stop crying he smiles "so are you going to smile or just walk around here with that dumb sad ass look on your face" I force myself to a smile and wipe my face " .

Just then every body starts to arrive,

Peaches a Nigerian women in her twenties that's dope as hell on braids she's tall and skinny with some long black and and burgandy dreads.

Tamara is kind I hard to explain , she has an explosive attitude and she don't give a damn how anybody feels about it she's brown skinned with shoulder length auburn hair that was flowing on her shoulders she's good on color . " Hey ms. Tamie " she said In a cheerful voice I smile at her and reply "what's up girl "

And then the unthinkable walks in Monique she's a black girl with a lot of hair , she's good at basic styles but she can do hair like no other girl in here ; she has a really caring vibe about her I like that " hey tamie " she says with joy in her voice" how's Keana and Kesha she questions "there fine " I smile

I look at everybody , "wait we're is roqueisha ? I look at everybody waiting for an answer , everybody gets quiet I look behind me and there she was , midnight blue hair with a fishtail braid , and light brown skin , she walks over to her station and looks at me ; "Roqueisha " I say through clenched teeth were the hell have you been ? " I been at home taking care of my baby" she explains " yeah I get that but you should have told me that four days ago , instead of booking all these damn clients that your leaving for us to do , everybody in here had clients to do we can't be sitting here taking care of your damn customers for you ok ? I question to make sure she's listening she nods her head and says sorry I look at her with a serious look on my face ' it's ok don't let it happen again.

( two hours later)

Everybody's customers and clients have arrived ; peaches doing a set of micros , Tamara doing color on a girl that just got her hair trimmed , Darwen over there shaping up a high top , and Monique is doing an updo for someone's homecoming ; me on the other hand I just finished a boys corrolls that's my fourth customer today , exhausted I go to the break room and watch tv until .

Roqueisha knocks on the door I say "come in " she walks through the door " there's a man that wants you to cut his hair ,she smiles excitedly I look at her confused "Can someone do him for me ?" She rolls her eyes "Listen he said he dont want noone else to cut his hair boo so get out here and do it she laughs I strunt out of the break room back to the main floor and I see drake and his friends ; he checks me out as I clean the clippers I motion for him to come to my chair ' I put my smock around him and begin trimming the top with scissors after that I take the liners and line him up ; I turn him around to the mirror "so how did I do superstar ?" He laughs "shit you couldn't have done better i love it " after I finish cleaning the hair off of him he pulls me in for a hug and stuffs something in my pocket he winks at me as him and his friends leave.

- what did drake give her ?

-does he like tamie

-will Roqueisha get fired

- will tamie ever move out of Nicole's house?

-vote

-comment

I hope you guys liked it