Time Turner (Harry Potter/Merlin Crossover)

Since I am having writer's block on everything else, (plus I am not sure which stories I am continuing or not :P ) I am posting this in the  mean time. This is a Harry Potter/Merlin Crossover (The BBC show Merlin, to be exact.)

*

Hermione opened the book, greedily reading each and every word in sight. She wished she really were there in Camelot, even if for a day. It sounded quite fascinating, a once in a lifetime adventure. Of course being best friends with Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, life already proved to be one big unexpected trip. She often found herself wanting more, the chance to see a different time period.

History was always her favorite subject at Hogwarts and at her muggle primary school. In her third year at Hogwarts, she often used the time turner for her school work. Although she had never turned back time farther than what she needed to, the unknown always found a way to tempt her.

The time turner would need to be bewitched as well for it to work properly, Hermione thought to herself as she flipped through a spell book.

It was bloody mad, though Hermione felt it was her duty to herself. Hermione's heart raced as she thought about it. Should she tell Harry and Ron or keep it a secret? She knew she was smart enough not to get caught using magic, but Ron well he was a different story. Harry might have a slip-up. Hermione knew the risks of bringing them.

Would they even want to come along? Probably not, they already had too much going on anyway to even dream about doing anything like this. Besides, the two probably didn't want to go back in time. Harry already had enough on his plate with Voldemort being back, plus Ron was practically obsessed with quidditch these days. That and his stupid, giggly girlfriend, Lavender Brown.

All the while, Hermione's main focus was her studies. Often she felt like the odd one out in their trio. Wishing she had more friends as well was common, Luna was nice, but Hermione didn't share her odd taste, the Weasley twins had finished their Hogwarts years, and no one else talked to her.

Hearing footsteps quickening, Hermione promptly closed the book, hiding it under her robes. Tomorrow night, she decided, I'll do it tomorrow night.