Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Zelo and Yongguk carried Cinna into the SUV and sat her in the back so that she was leaning against the window in the last row of seats. While they were stowing her I ran inside and told Cinna's mom that I was kidnapping her for the day. She was fine with it, it happened nearly everyday, and we were off. 

Back in the SUV, I tried to think of what Cinna and I would normally do next. And, it was in that moment that I realized something life changing. Outside of Cinna, I had no social life...

"Where do we go now?" Yongguk asked, drumming his fingers along the steering wheel.

I directed him back onto the main road and took the time to think. Cinna and I rarely did the same thing twice so I had no "average day" to tell. When we were back on the main road through town I pointed out various little places along the way.

"That's my aunt's flower shop. I went to high school there. There used to be a bank there. That's my cousin's house. Cinna goes to church there. I have a friend buried in that cemetary. I graduated with that kid..."

We made it from one end of town to the other in less than ten minutes and after that we kept on driving. "That was pretty much my entire town you just saw."

"That's it? That's everything?" Youngjae asked from behind me. 

"Pretty much. We can walk around later and look at everything closer. That is, if you would like to. Should we get groceries now?" I asked in an attempt to change the subject.

"Cherry tomatoes! Naekkeoya!" Zelo shouted from the back seat.

Yongguk laughed under his breath at Zelo and I directed him into the next town where the closest grocery store was. It was a small store, nothing close to a super market, that I used to work at back in high school. It tended to be a hub of activity on the weekends because everyone within a half an hour driving distance came to do their grocery shopping on the same day.

We all piled out of the SUV except for Cinna who was still passed out in the back seat. I crawled in and took the seat Zelo had vacated. "Cinna," I said, tapping her arm with my hand. She didn't react and I started to get a little worried.

The boys were all watching me from outside and I began to feel the pressure rise. I felt awkward having anyone stare at me but, when it's six gorgeous Korean men that captured my heart the moment I heard their voices... I was beginning to feel flustered.

"Cinna, wake up. Cinna? Can you hear me?" I patted the side of her face gently and felt her stir beneath my hand. "Cinna. It's Gwen. Honey, you have to wake up."

"Gwen?" Cinna's eyes were darting back and forth quickly underneath her eyelids and I took this as a good sign as she whispered my name.

"Yeah it's me, Sweetie. Just come back to me. Open up your eyes." Cinna's eyes fluttered open slowly and she looked at me with the most confused look on her face. I could tell she was trying to un-jumble her thoughts and re-piece her memory. "How do you feel?"

"Dizzy... Were you at my house? Where are we? This isn't your car..." Cinna was starting to come back to life now and she was looking around at her surroundings.

"Cinna, I need you to stay calm for me."

"Ermahgerd! We've been kidnapped." Cinna said it so matter-of-factly that I was a little worried for her sanity. Maybe when she fainted her brain lost some oxygen...

"No we haven't been kidnapped. I was at your house but I wasn't alone. Do you remember who I had with me?" I had to refrain from looking out the door where I could feel six pairs of eyes on me.