Chapter Two

Chapter Two

It took every ounce of restraint in me to keep from fainting in that very moment. I nodded my head numbly as I wrote down his order on auto pilot. I'm sure my eyes were the size of dinner plates as they went around the table and they each said what they'd like to drink.

When they were finished, I nodded my head and stammered, "I-I'll be right b-back with those." I shot back to the kitchen and felt my legs go weak. I slipped down the side of the soda machine, head in between my knees, breathing deeply.

"What's with you? Do you need to go home? We can call in someone else..." Andy asked, suddenly concerned about my well being.

"NO!" I all but shouted. "I'm fine," I said in a much more reasonable tone. "It's just... That band. They're B.A.P! That's Bang Yongguk." Just saying his name with him in the other room made me swoon. I slid down a little further. "Oh my God! I have to call Cinna, she's going to fly here she'll be so excited!" I already had my phone in my hands but Andy took it away.

"Nope. We're not allowed to call in anyone else unless one of us has to leave. That's what their manager wanted." Andy slipped my phone into the pocket of his apron and I was up in an instant.

"Go break your arm then. Fein an illness! Where is your heart? Take one for the team!" I had him by the collar and he laughed as he disengaged my hands.

"Calm down there, Crazy. You'll just have to cope without her. Now get back out there and take their orders. I have no work!" He gestured disgustedly towards his empty grill and I was brought back to sanity.

"Ohmigosh! I kept them waiting!" I frantically grabbed six cups from the stack by the machine and filled them with their desired drinks. I carefully aligned all the drinks on a tray and put on my self confident face before I went back out to their table.

They were still talking quietly amongst themselves and when I made it to their table, I set down the tray. They looked up at my arrival but I didn't made eye contact; afraid if I did, my hands would start shaking.

When their drinks had been dispersed, I looked up, my eyes not focusing on a single one of them for very long. I knew for a fact that if I let myself look for too long, that I would soon start to stare. I believe I had already embarrassed myself enough tonight with my open-mouthed gaping earlier.

"Are you ready to order or do you need a few minutes?" I focused on the black and white checkered tile floor to keep all the blood in my body from rushing to my cheeks.

"We are ready." I looked up and into a pair of dark brown eyes. Yongguk was staring at me and I stared back, feeling color rush to my cheeks. 

They each ordered a burger and fries and I skated back to Andy to give him the order. I waited back with him, hiding behind the kitchen wall, peeking through the window. Usually I would be rushing around between tables checking on everyone but there was no one else here.

"Andy can I have my phone back now?" I asked, prodding him with my finger as he cooked. I needed a distraction and Cinna would be perfect right about now...

He turned an unamused eye to me, flipping a burger as he did. "No. Now go check on your customers." Andy pointed his spatula at the door and I unwillingly moved my feet there. I slipped slowly out the door, trying not to stare but also paying attention to where I was going.

I was too nervous to make small talk like I usually would with customers so when I reached their table I stood awkwardly for a second before asking, "Would you like any more to drink?"

They all politely shook their heads or said, "No, thank you." I was about to skate away when a hand grasped my arm lightly. "I actually have a question for you..." Jongup was looking at me, his cheeks a bright pink. He let go of my arm quickly. "Sorry. I was... uh, we were wondering..." He looked around at the other boys to back him up. Zelo, who was sitting on his left, nudged him reassuringly with his elbow.