leigh_

This is my interview with leigh_ about her story Serenity Falls.

Q1. Where did you get your inspiration for Serenity Falls?

 I get asked this question a lot, actually. I don't really have a certain inspiration as such, but I had wanted to write a story for ages. Like a proper novel-length story which I would actually finish. I'd had the idea of a private school in my head for a while, and I thought it would be really fun to have so many contrasting characters. The inspiration is just all the ideas in my head... merged into one big drama-filled school I guess! Haha.

Q2. Are any of your characters based on real people?

No, actually. But I will say that Alyssa is kind of based on Regina George from Mean Girls, although I tried to just make her even worse than that (if that's possible). She's kind of the private school version of Regina.

Q3. Will Ethan and Olivia get together?

Ahh, I can't tell you that! But considering this is an extremely clichéd romance, I think it's pretty easy to guess. I tried to put as much drama as possible in before anything romantic happens between them. But I don't want to give too much away - you'll just have to keep following the story :)

Q4. Will all of the story be in third person?

Yeah, it will. I kind of like it being in third person, it helps to get an overview of all the character's stories. If it was in first, I think it would become one of those stories with the POV changes every three seconds, which is not a good thing.

Q5. Or will we get a peek inside their heads?

I try to show inside their heads even though it's third person, because that's important too. But I'm definitely going to continue the whole thing in third.

Q6. Will Alyssa freak out when she hears about Courtney and Carter?

Considering Alyssa's character... I think the answer's pretty obvious. I don't want to give too much away, but let me just tell you, something's coming up very soon ;) And don't worry, she won't forgive Courtney easily. It'll just lead to more and more drama.

Q7. What exactly is Sammi up to?

Sammi... she's a complicated character, actually. She's not the popular airhead like Alyssa, but let's just say she won't let go of Ethan too easily. Again, I don't want to give much away, but Sammi will cause some trouble later on in the story.

Q8. What will happen to Kayla when Alyssa finds out? (Basically who would she stick up for, because whilst she is a complete airhead and needs to be popular otherwise she would plummet down the social rankings, I think that she is more of Courtneys friend than Alyssa's)

Hmm... well I know the answer to this question but I'm not sure I should say. After Courtney and Carter are revealed the popular crowd kind of gets split in half, so Kayla goes on one side but I won't say which! You'll find out pretty soon anyway, because Courtney's not very good at keeping secrets... ;)

Q9. Roughly how long will this story be?

 I haven't finished writing yet, but at the moment I'm on chapter 54. All the character's stories are coming to an end, and I just need to tie up some loose ends before the big finale, which I'm really looking forward to writing. So, I would say that the story's going to be about 60(ish) chapters long.

Q10. Are you planning a sequel?

I'm not planning a sequel, no. I wouldn't be able to use all of the characters again as well as thinking up something original, and I don't think it would be right to make up a whole new cast. Even after the story's finished, though, I'll be working on a next one. It won't be based in Serenity Falls, but it'll still be a teen fiction. I haven't got any firm ideas yet, but I'm thinking of doing a more humorous story about a girl in high school. But I can't promise anything until I've finished writing Serenity Falls.

If you would like to be interviewed or want an author to be interviewed then message me!

AddictForDramatics :D