Part 4

I wake up, stiff and being repeatedly poked in the sides and lower back. "Becky. Becky. Becky. Becky. Becky get up. Becky get up. Becky get up." Andrew was saying in a monotone voice. "Becky! Get off of me! So help me, I will punch you in the KNEE CAP!!" Alex and Reba were at the end of the bed, trying to suppress their giggles and smiles. "I will punch you two boogers in the KNEE CAP twice a piece if you don't shut up and help me!" That lead to more giggles and smiles. I yawned. "Oh no! Not the knee caps!" I anthusiastically sarcastically remarked. "Oh no! Not the knee caps!" Alex and Reba copied with the same exact voice. Andrew smiled, but not a lot. "I'm warning you! This is not a laughing matter!" "Then why are you laughing?" "I'm not laughing, I'm smiling! There's a difference! Now, if you don't get off of me there will be consequences!" I only yawn and stretch.
      He shook his head. "I warned you." With that he quickly through the covers off of me and cold air touched my skin. "Aww! Its cold." I complained. There was a glass of water sitting by the bed. Andrew dipped his fingertips in it and smeared it all over my face and arms and the back of my neck. "Andrew! Stop!" I squealed and slapped at his fingers. The water was almost three times as cold as the room temperature, therefore giving my skin goosebumps and making me want to cover up ever so more. Alas, the blanket was on the floor. Andrew grabbed an ice cube out of the cup. He held it over me. The cube was slowly melting, so water was dripping onto me, making me even more wet AND cold! "Andrew! Don't you dare! No, no, no!" I held my arms up to try to block the droplets. Andrew simply grabbed both of my arms with one hand. I squirmed and rolled over trying to get away(I later realise this is a bad idea and only helps with future occurrences). When I turn over he was given a clear shot of my neck a shirt collar.
      He stuck the ice cube to my neck and I screamed. Like, full on, "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", bloody murder scream. I thrashed and turned back over, but he easily just stuck it down my shirt.
      It was extremely frigid and starting melting when my it hit my still warm back, making it as cold as the rest of my body. Melting cold water was soaked into my shirt. So when I jumped up and finally got the ice cube out, my back was still going to be wet and cold.
      "ANDREW! YOU JERK!" He only smiled at my frustration. "WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU DO THAT TO SOMEONE?!?!?!?!?! ONLY A COMPLETE MORON WOULD DO THAT!!! YOU ARE THE STUPIDEST, IDIOTIC, MOST IGNORANT NUMB SCULL I EVER HAD THE NON– PLEASURE OF MEETING!!" Andrew laughed at my efforts at a comeback. "Non–pleasure, huh?" "NON–PLEASURE, YES! WHY, DID YOU MISHEAR ME?!?!?!" He only laughed harder, to the point where all he could manage to choke out is "Wow." "WAS I NOT SPEAKING CLEARLY?!?!" I taunted on. "OR WAS IT TOO COMPLICATED FOR  YOUR LITTLE TINY NUMB SCULLED BRAIN TO PROCESS?!?!?!" He laughed ever so harder. "OR, OR ARE YOU JUST DEAF?!?!?" He rubbed his finger in his ear. "I'm gonna be deaf if you keep screaming and hollering like that. Geez lá weez, I never would've though you could that loud and obnoxious and irritating." He shook his head, and a huge smile spread across his face again. "I have taught you well."
      "YOU HAVE NOT!" I screamed back in response. "NOW, IF YOU EXCUSE ME, I'M GONNA GO TAKE A SHOWER AND GET READY FOR THE DAY! ONCE I FIND SOME SOAP, NEW CLOTHES, AND WHERE THE SHOWERS EVEN ARE!" "Are you seriously gonna talk that loud and scream at me all day?" "ONCE YOU START, THERE'S NO GOING BACK!"

Once I had taken a boiling hot shower (and most likely used up all the hot water in that place for the next week) I went to breakfast. I had oatmeal(like horse's eat) with cinnamon sprinkled on top, something called a 'Poptart' another thing called a 'waffle' and the most glorious thing I had ever tasted; a 'cream filled donut'. I (smartly) steered clear of the fruit, and got a big glass of chocolate milk.
      I haven't heard about Milly yet, but Becca is feeling better. The medic's even thought she was well enough to eat with us. She still wears what she arrived in, as does all of us stowaways.
      Andrew is picking at his food, the total opposite of what I'm doing. Alex, Reba, Becca and I all shovel food into our mouths, barely stopping to chew and swallow. Changes make us starve, apparently.
      "Andrew, what's up?" I say through a mouthful of double fudge Poptart. "Nothing," he says. "I'm fine." I shrug and go back to eating. "Okay, fine by me." "Its just," he starts, and I figure what he's upset about isn't, intact, 'nothing'.
      "I'm worried about Milly. Really worried." I wait a second before continuing again, just to make sure he's really done talking for now. I go to take a bite, but am inturupted with the spoon halfway to my mouth. "I mean, I've known her most of my life, ya know? She rescued me from almost dying. Dying! And she's a couple months younger than me." I froze until he stopped talking, and the spoon started making its way towards my mouth again. It was stopped three inches this time. "She was selfless, always cared about other people, never put herself first." Becca cut in. "That's what selfless means, you don't have to explain, I mean, the word itself is pretty self explanatory. Either just say the word or say the meaning, you don't has to say bo–" Andrew talked over her, cutting her off from talking, and continues. "SHE WAs younger than me, didn't even know me, didn't even know my name, and she risked her life to save mine. She was so nice, I felt like I owned her so much for that." He paused, and my spoon successfully moved an inch before he began again. "We are best friends, we stick side by side. I just feel like its all my fault she's hurt. I wish I could do more." As he talked I came up with the perfect solution to just lick my oatmeal from a distance. "I wish I took the bullet instead of her." He put his fork down and dramatically leaned back in his seat. I waited a few beats to see if he would talk again. When he didn't, I asked just to make sure. "Are you done, or..." He sighed, and Becca slapped my arm. I looked at her and she shook her head and mouthed don't be rude! He's sad, be supportive. Gosh, what were you, raised in a barn?
      I gave in to Becca and set my spoon down, oatmeal side down, on the table, and mouthed happy?! to Becca. She made a weird face and remarked gross.
      Andrew glanced at us to make sure we were still interested in him and continued his sob story. "And the worst part is, I didn't even go back to her. Becky did! Becky ran back and carried her to safety. I didn't go back, I was scared that they would shoot me too so I disappeared into the crowd. You were right Becky, I am a jerk." Ah ha! My brain screams. So you admit it! Becca seemed shocked. She raised an eyebrow at me. I shrugged, and she raised both. I put both of mine up too and stuck my hands out in front of me, as if to say what? What did I do? She held her hand out in his direction. I closed my eyes and folded my arms, saying but he admitted to it! I opened my eyes and she unraised her eyebrows, making it seem like she's saying please? I rolled my eyes at her an tied back around to face Andrew.
      "Andrew, I didn't mean it. I was tired and mad and cold, those three things don't make a good combination. It was just something to yell, I didn't mean it. I didn't mean any of it!" He looked me in the eye, and his sad, pity me expression made me regret saying all those mean things to him. "If you didn't mean them, then why did you say it?" "I wasn't thinking straight, I just woke up and got an ice cube shoved down my shirt. Listen, don't take any insults I say personally. I say the first thing that comes to mind, another reason I didn't talk much when I lived in town." "Wait, hold up!" Becca inturupted Andrew and I's bonding session. "You put an ice cube down her shirt this morning?" For a second, he turned back into his old, playful self. "She wouldn't get off of me! What was I supposed to do, sneeze on her?!" Reba told Becca some more helpful information. "He also threatened to punch her in the knee cap, and us! Twice! A piece!" Becca made her face into a surprised one.
      "Andrew. How dare you! Maybe the name calling was in order." Becca stood up and hobbled towards Andrew. He simply slid his chair backwards. "What are you gonna do about it? Your handicapped." "That's not a weakness, that just means you can't fight back." With that, she grabbed grabbed a pomegranite juice cup from another table in one hand, and a chocolate milk cup from this table. "Apologize to them. Now." Andrew smiled a devious smile. "Bring it. I ain't apologizing crap." Becca threw the(when I say 'the', I mean 'my') chocolate milk on him. He gasped and shielded his face, but the milk still got him every where. He raised his foot and kicked her in the stomach. She groaned, but was able to recover quickly and grab his foot. Becca yanked it back and Andrew fell out of his chair, landing on his back.
      Rose quickly razed over, screaming "Enough! Enough! I have to clean the floors! Don't make a big mess!" We all paused and looked at her. Andrew and Becca stayed in the same position they were in, Becca holding Andrew's foot, dangling the cup over Andrew's face, threatening to drop it, making a devilish face. Andrew laying on the ground, propped up on one elbow, the other arm extended out above him, the look of pure startled and and just plain horrified written all over his face.
      Rose arrived at our table. "Wonderful. Now your expedition is set back so he can take a shower before you leave. Everyone quickly finish so we can start getting you ready and prepared for the long journey." Becca glanced down at Andrew, but otherwise didn't move. "Come on, let him go." Becca glanced at him again, longer this time, and looked back at Rose. "Yes, I mean you. Drop him and let's get a move on." Becca quickly turned the cup upside down, allowing its contents to be poured on the poor, unsuspecting victim. Andrew shot up right, screaming "Ah! Was that necessary?" wiping all the juice from his face. Becca dropped his leg and jumped back, and winced as all her weight landed back on her injured legs. Rose shook her head in disappointment, but smirked as is he approved. "Just follow me." She walked away, and we all followed. Though as we were walking, Andrew pulled both Becca and I in for a hug, wiping the milk and sticky juice all over our clothes, using our shirts as if they were napkins. I smacked him upside the head, making him wipe his face in my already clean hair! What kind of person does that? Apparently Andrew, that's who.