Chapter 3: Nice Old man

The cover of the dark engulfed me as I continued my way around the busy streets of London. After all, it was only 8PM on a Friday night. I ducked into a shabby looking grocery store and winced as the bells tinkled loudly. Thankfully, it was very bright and clean inside. "Erm... can I use the bathroom?" I asked the cashier. He was an old man with a potbelly. "You mean the loo?" he corrected, chuckling to himself. "I've only been here for, like, four months." I defended. "Why'd you move to England, love?" he asked. He had a nice, kind face so I wasn't afraid. "Boarding school." I muttered darkly. "What?! You're hardly fourteen!" he exclaimed. "I turned sixteen two months ago." I sniffed. "So, why are you in boarding school?" he asked, smiling good-naturedly. "My old school sent me. It's this retarded scholarship thingy." I laughed. "Where's your family?" he asked. "Dubai." I said, flatly. "That's terrible. Anyway, the bathroom's over there." he said, pointing. I smiled and headed over there. I was a mess. My hair was poofed, my heels were cracked, my face was sweaty, my nails were chipped, and a bruise was forming under my left eye. I tied a ponytail and wiped off all my makeup. Finally, I opened my backpack. I took out my iPhone, connected a proxy server and turned it on. (A proxy server secures your telephone line and makes the phone untrackable.)

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey people! I feel a bit down cuz I only have like 12 reads, but I'll keep my hopes up! Can y'all please comment and vote and stuff? Thanks! LOVE YA!