Chapter 1: Lame DJ

CHAPTER 1:

The music was beating extremely loudly. I opened my eyes and looked at the ocean of couples dancing together. That's right, I was at the spring fling. And what was I doing there? I was the DJ. Yep. How lame. But if I was getting paid 20 pounds an hour, then being lame was fine with me. At least I looked pretty. So here I was, on the stage at a school dance, swaying to some hip hop. "Okay everyone! Pair up cuz I'm playin' some slow songs!" I said into the microphone. Not because I wanna, but because the principal said I have to. And so I can take a break and pee. I put on a sappy lovesong and hopped off the stage heading for the bathroom. I came in and stared at my reflection. My makeup and face was fine, quite nice if I do say so myself. I carefully tied my wavy brown hair into an elegant bun, held in place by some black sticks. I smoothed the cute little dress I got from Forever 21. It was strapless, pale pink, and had a black stripe down the middle. It came up to my thighs and I wore some black platform wedges to match. Finally, I added a little more eyeliner to my bright green eyes and headed back.

I came into the gym, getting a drink. It was as I was sipping some punch that twelve huge men burst through the doors. They were talking in bluetooths and were wearing suits. "Vivian Richards!" One of them called menacingly. I panicked so I did what anyone would do. I hid under the table.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Hey guys! This is my very first book so I hope you guys like it. Please don't crush my dreams. And does anyone have any suggestions on who to cast? And can someone pls tell me how to make a nice cover for the book? THANK YOU. <3