Chapter 1

When I regained consciousness I felt strangely nice. I haven't felt this nice in years. Why is this bed so soft? Why am I not chained up? Then the memories came flooding in. The men dressing me up to sell. Being brought outside for the first time in years. Nii-sama coming and rescuing me. I missed him. We were one of those twins that had a twin connection. The place where they locked me up, somehow it stopped me from being able to use our link. It was horrible.

"You're awake," Illumi-nii stated in his usual monotone voice. "You've been unconscious for 2 weeks. I'm glad you're back. Never leave me again."

I opened my eyes and smiled at him. "Of course." I agreed to make him feel better. He never changes. He still has trouble expressing emotion.

"Father wants to see you as soon as possible. Can you get up?" he asked with an unusual amount of concern in his voice. He never shows any emotions on the outside. Me being gone must have really hit him hard.

I nodded as I sat up in my bed. I looked around for a second. My room hadn't changed at all. No one had touched it except maybe to clean in the past four years.

"Illumi-nii?" I stopped him as he started to walk out the door. "What happened while I was away?"

He stopped walking but didn't turn around before saying, "Father want's to be the one to inform you."

I hummed my noise of agreement as Illumi-nii continued out the door. I threw my legs over the side of the bed and got up. I felt a bit stiff so I decided to do a back bend walkover and a round off back handspring tuck to my closet. Then I tilted my head side to side to crack it as I went in search of my favorite outfit. It was a black long sleeved shirt with a black skirt that ended just above my knees with black booty shorts under it. For shoes, I wore long black boots with six-inch heels. I put on my red lipstick and walked out the door to find Illumi-nii waiting for me.

I looked at him curiously but he just ignored me and we started walking towards father's office. I was surprised that Killua hadn't barged into my room or tried to come see me yet. I would have expected him to be one of the first people to come see me. Maybe Illumi-nii's being a stupid over-protective... -person and not letting anyone see me.

"Nallumi." I looked up hearing Illumi-nii calling my name. "We're here."

I probably should pay more attention to what's happening. I sighed as I knocked on the door.

"Come in." I heard father grunt from the other side.

I opened the door and waited for father to look up. To my surprise, he ushered me over and pulled me into a hug before sitting me down and looking me in straight in the eyes as if checking to see if I was okay.

"Never get yourself kidnapped ever again." he said before nonchalantly adding under his breath, "Not like you're ever going to be able to get yourself in that position again anyways."

It took me a moment to realize what he had just said.