Chapter 2

Faith snored silently, her head nestled gently into the curve of her leg. She let out heavy blissful sighs, as she slept nearly all night now.

It was nearly a week away for weaning time now, and Snow wanted to get it done as soon as possible. She had loved and cherished her foal for the while, but as the time went on, the foal got annoying, and was nothing like her and her mate.

She had shared her feelings with her half sister, and her mother, who where both beautiful bays, and considered high up in the herd. Actually, she had told most of the herd, all but her mate.

Faith stirred, and raised her head. She could feel her mother's stare burning through her tiny frail skull, and she cringed away from her mother's gaze. Faith was small, but she wasn't stupid. She knew her mother was annoyed at her. She knew snow thought she was a complete diaster, and should have never been born. She heard with her own ears when her mother was telling her grandmother this! Sighing, Faith got up, and stalked past her mother.

Thanks to her father's contuinous help, Faith could now walk, trot, and canter better then almost all the yearlings. Also, thanks to her father, Faith could tell where horses where, and what they were doing, by hearing. She could also distinguish the different parts of the herd by smell.

Her mother, helped her with nothing.

Her mother, the once caring and loving Snow, was now the terrible, and evil Snow, who went against her only daughter's back, and didn't care for her daughter anymore at all.

Faith cringed at her own thoughts, as she went to graze beside her father.

He sensed her ditress, and nudged her gently, neighing for an explanation.

Faith simply stared at him, her clouded eyes full of sadness, and she turned away, busing herself by nimbling on a large clover.

Her father woffled her hair, and nudged her gently again, comforting the ditressed filly almost immediatly.

A sudden high, shrill, cruel whinny exploded over the valley, making almost every horse in the herd raise their heads. No one knew who it came from, except Faith. Faith knew exactly who it was.

Her mother, challenging her father.

Not here, not now! With a shrill whinny, Faith ran desperatedly in front of her father, to stop him from charging at the white mare. He poked her out of the way, and took off at a graceful canter, that almost made the still silence seem erie.

Snow stood four squared, staring down her mate with cold blue eyes.

He returned the gaze, as he stood to a stop in front of her. Snow reared, and lashed out with her hooves.

Now, of course everyone in the herd knew never to question the lead stallion, or his authority. Even if you were his mate. She was practically asking to be thrown out of the herd.

With a shrill neighed, Faith's father crept around the side of Snow, and butted her with his head, driving her away.

Snow didn't budge, keeping her hooves firmly planted into the hard soil, her face cringing at what she was doing.

With a huff, he neighed shrilly, and charged at the mare, barging into her, as she rolled over, and scrambled up in terror as she saw him charging again.

He followed her down the hill, and all the way out of the valley. He trotted back, his confidence restored, and his head held high.

When he appraoched his daughter, her stared into her blurred eyes, and the only emotion he could sense was fear.

Turning around, Faith bolted down the hill after her mother, neighing loudly the entire time.

-------------------------------

dundunduhhhh

comment, vote, fan please :3