Love

LOVE.

Its a powerful word and a powerful feeling. It can make or break any relationship.  

I dont believe in love at first sight but i do believe in soul mates. How can i not ?  

Its clearly been mentioned in the Holy Bible and the Holy Quran that, women are made from her partners rib. Doesnt it mean that we have a soul mate, someone made only for us ?

Yes, marragies do break, but its because either one of the partners were trying or probably not even both.  

Husbands are supposed to treat there wives well. Be gentle and kind with them and protect them from any harm. They are supposed to provide for their wife and children. If the husband was happy with his wife before she died then she will truely be amongst the ones to enter Paradise. The wife listens to everything her husbands says. The wive's arent lower in anyway to their men, infact they are their equals. I repeat, God created women from mens rib to be treated with love and care, not from their feet to be looked down upon or from their head or shoulder to be considered superior.

And the other thing, in Islam dowry ( mehr ) is for women not for men.  

During the time of the Prophet ( pbuh ) and even now in some countries, haveing a daughter was considered a burden so people use to bury there new born girls alive. And the most Glorious Allah saved the girls from these cruel people and society by making dowry compulsory for women.

' And give to the women whom you marry their dowry ( Mehr - obligatory bridal money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage ) with a good heart, but if they, of their own good pleasure, remit any part of it to you, take it, and enjoy it without fear of any harm as Allah has made it lawful.'

The son was and is considered the bread earner and the heir to the family name. So rest assured no new born sons are ever going to be burried. Alhamdu lillah.

Anyways, the husband should have a good attitude towards his wife and be kind to her and offer her everything that may soften her heart towards him, Allah say

'.... and live with them honourably.'  

( Holy Quran: Al-Nisa 4:19 )

Prophet Mohammad ( pbuh ) is my role model. My idol. I mean he was just soooo cool masha Allah.  

And he was the best husband. May Allah reward and bless every girl with a husband as loveing and as much caring as the Holy Prophet ( pbuh ).

His first wife Bibi Khadijah was older than him and a widow. But still he loved her till the day he died. When i think of love, i donno Romeo and Juliet hardly ever cross my head because when i think of love i think about Prophet Mohammad ( pbuh ) and his wife's.

Do you know that one of the Prophets wife, Bibi Ayesha was very young when she married him. 

The Prophet used to play with her, and carry her on his back. Cute right ?

He never hit his wife's. Never even raised a finger at them. He discouraged the people of Arabia from hitting their women. And at that time in Arabia hitting women, burying new born girls alive, selling women and children off were something which wasnt considered wrong.

The Prophet ( pbuh ) only had daughters. His sons died young because of some or the other illness. And his daughters where the apple of his eye. And he saw to it that they were married into good families and were not ignorant.

Here's something we were told: 

The Prophet Mohammad ( pbuh ) has said : When a husband and wife look at each other with love, Allah looks at them with mercy.

Husband and wife are each others garments. 

Just like garments are for protection, comfort, show and concealment for human beings, 

Allah expects husband and wife to be for one another.

Heres something for the guys. Its a little insight on how to improve your relationship with your spouse. ( one of my friends txted me this ) :  

When she stares at your mouth kiss her.  

When she pushes you or hit you like a dummy because she thinks she is stronger than you, grab her and dont let her go.  

When she starts cursing at you and acting all tough, kiss her and tell her you love her.  

When she's quite, ask her whats wrong.  

When she ignores you, give her your attention.  

When she pulls away, pull her back. When you see her at her worst, tell her she is beautiful.  

When you see her crying, just hold her and dont say a word.  

When she is scared, protect her. When she teases you, tease her back and make her laugh.  

When she doesnt answer for a long time, reassure her that everything will be okay.  

When she looks at you with doubt, back her up.  

When she holds your hand, grab hers and play with her fingers.  

When she tells you a secret, keep it safe and untold.  

When she looks at you in the eye, dont look away until she does.

Here's something for the girls too :

When you marry a man, love him. 

After marrying him, study him.  

If he is generous, appreciate him. When he is sad, cheer him. 

When he is quarrelsome, ignore him. If he is noble, praise him.  

If he is secretive, trust him.  

If he favours society, accompany him.  

When he deserves, kiss him.

Anyways coming back to our topic, let me tell you that Islam is not against love marraiges. You like someone then approach her parents and properly ask for the girls hand. If they say no then understand that it wasnt meant to be. But if they say yes, well thats well and good. Just dont get into unlawful things with the person of the opposite sex. Remember satans our BIGGEST enemy and he wont rest until he's ruined us. He will create all sorts of unlawful ideas in your minds, thats why a girl and guy hanging out alone is forbidden in our religion.

I remember my friend once telling me that ' Naba family is something we get, we dont have any say in that matter. But friends are the people we CHOOSE to be with but at sometimes they turn out to be our wrong choices. When we cant even choose friends properly then how can we choose ourselves a life patner? .. Our parents know us very well, let them choose someone for us. Because they have seen the world more than we have and experienced more things than us. They know whats best for us and whats not. '

Remember the best love is when you love someone who makes your imaan ( faith ) rise, who makes you more pious and who helps you here in the world because he/she wants to meet with you in Jannah ( Paradise ).

Something i wanted to share :

She left him for the sake of Allah because she knew a relationship before marriage is haraam ( unlawful ).  

And the best part was she got him back as her halaal ( lawful ) partner.

Leave him and if he is truly yours then you will have him in halaal ( lawful ) eventually.

Protect yourself from unlawful things and Allah will protect you from the fire of hell and torments of the grave. Insha Allah.

Beware of being found where Allah prohibited you and being absent from where Allah commanded you to be.