Use Dhikr To Elevate You In The Akhirah!

Author: Pure Matrimony

Source: www.Pure Matrimony.com

Dhikr is one of the best forms of worship and one which elevates you in the akhirah!

The great scholar of Islam Ibn Al-Qiyyim said that 'The mansions of jannah are built upon dhikr. If you stop doing dhikr, the angels stop building your mansion.'

The beauty of dhikr is that it requires no effort other than moving your tongue! In fact, the Prophet SAW told us to keep our tongues moist with the remembrance of Allah:

Abdullah ibn Busr reported that two men came to the Prophet SAW, and one of them said, "Who is the best man, O Muhammad?" The Prophet SAW said, "One who has a long life filled with good deeds." The other man said, "Indeed, the laws of Islam are too many for us, so give us something comprehensive we can hold onto." The Prophet said, "Keep your tongue wet with the remembrance of Allah the Exalted."

(Ahmed, authenticated by Sheikh Albani)

In another hadith, the Prophet SAW said:

"Shall I not inform you of the best of your actions, the purest in the sight of your Lord, which raises your rank to the highest, which is better for you than spending gold and silver, better than meeting your enemy so that you strike at their necks and they strike at yours?' They replied: 'Yes, indeed,' and he said: 'It is the remembrance of Allah."

(At-Tirmidhi)

Dhikr can be many things which include:

Takbeer is to proclaim the greatness of Allah by saying Allahu Akbar (Allah is Great!)

Tahmeed is to praise Allah by saying Alhamdulillah (All Praise belongs to Allah)

Tahleel is to declare the oneness of Allah by saying La ilaaha il-lal-laah (There is none worthy of worship except Allah)

Tasbeeh is to glorify Allah by saying Subhanallah (Glory be to Allah)

Istighfar is to seek Allah's forgiveness by saying Astaghfirullah wa atubu ilaihi (I seek Allah's forgiveness and I turn to Him in repentance)

Abu Hurairah RA reported that the Prophet SAW said:

He who says, 'Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdih' (Glory and praise be to Allah) one hundred times a day, his sins will be obliterated even if they are equal to the extent of the foam of the sea. (Al-Bukhari and Muslim)

So great is the reward of constant dhikr, that even major sins can be erased. Zaid ibn Harithah narrated that the Prophet SAW said:

Whosoever says:

'Astaghfirullaha al-'Azeem al-ladhi la ilaha illa howa Al-Hayy al-Qayyum wa atubu illayh

(I ask forgiveness of Allah, the Magnificent, than Whom there is no deity, the Living, the Sustainer of existence, and I turn to Him in repentance,)

his sins will be forgiven even if he should have run away from the battlefield. (Abu Dawud and authenticated by Al-Albani)

Therefore, if you add dhikr to your daily habits, it will elevate your position with Allah SWT, erase bad deeds and cause your scales to weigh heavy on the day of Resurrection!

May Allah SWT make us amongst those whom He loves due to our constant dhikr ameen!