Chapter 2

Dedicated to Alex because Between The Lines (BoyxBoy) is AWESOME.

Chapter 2 - Don't Buy Drugs. Become A Pop Star And They Give You Them For Free!

"You cannot wear that," Adriana glared at me, pointing to my 'casual' jeans and t-shirt. She held up a pair of her skinny jeans and smiled. "This is so much more you, dah-ling," she emphasised the 'darling' much more than needed. I stuck my tongue out at her and threw the nearest object at her (it was only a pillow- she was lucky). She threw it back, knocking me into her wardrobe.

We were getting ready round her house and going to the party together. She was much more excited than she needed to be. "Are you sure I can't tempt you with a bit of guyliner?' she asked sadly, holding up an eyeliner pencil. I glared at her fiercely and she gradually got the picture. She put it back on her dressing table and started to apply mascara, looking like a bit of a fish (her mouth was slightly open and her eyes were wide – I wished I’d had a camera). "We're so going to find you a man, tonight," she added, excitedly as ever.

"You say that every time we go out. Actually, you say that every day at school, too. We haven't found anyone yet," I informed her.

"Why won't you just come out?" she begged, as sensitive as ever.

"Thanks for caring," I muttered.

She sat down on her bed and motioned for me to follow her. She wrapped me in one her large hugs and caressed my hair. "Of course, I care. You know I do. Don't listen to me; come out when you're ready. As long as one day, you will be ready, OK?" she whispered in my ear.

This is why she's my best friend. I nodded my head and listened to her like she was my parent. Actually, she acted like my parent most of the time. "Now, go be good," she patted my head. Like the good boy I am, I followed her orders.

We arrived at the party geekily early. As we entered, it was clear that it wasn't going to be the best night of our lives. There were a few people already half-bladdered in the kitchen and an overweight fifty-year-old huddled around a family-sized packet of Doritos in an armchair which hardly supported his weight. Ron was crouched over a broken CD player, about 50 years out of date.

"OK, I think we'll leave now," Adriana said immediately, eyeing the two old men also present in the room. "Ron," she whispered, sliding over to him, "Who the hell are they?"

He shrugged, "I'm not sure, ask David. It's his party." With that, he slid his huge headphones back over his ears and started to bob his head, supposedly to music – although, t was quite noticeable that the headphones weren't plugged into anything, and it certainly didn't look like there was going to be any music, seeing as the CD player was now giving off smoke.

I followed Adriana to kitchen, where we both helped ourselves to a can of larger each. They certainly went all out on the alcohol!

Adriana sidled up to 'David', who had a 'I'm-so-drunk-that-I-don't-even-know-my-own-name' look on his face. I think I recognised him from school, not that he was incredibly recognisable: he just looked average. He was wearing a luminous orange tracksuit though, which made him anything but average. Instantly, I wondered if we had the right address. I was also thinking that a Gossip Girl box-set, chocolate and a latte was a much better way to spend a Friday night.

"Hey Davey," Adriana said, possibly flirtatiously. I raised an eyebrow at her, anxious to know her tactics. He replied to her with a drunken cheesy smile, baring his very yellow, broken teeth. She flinched a bit at the eye-sore, "So, what's happening tonight?"

David found this incredibly funny and started laughing. "What are you on? Seriously? Can I have some?" I joked sarcastically. He shrugged and nodded, holding up a bag of white powder. "Shit," I said, stumped. This was drug-dealing party. I needed to get out. Now. "Ade?" I asked, desperately. She was laughing with David. Damn, what was she trying to do?