WRONG VS. RIGHT (BoyxBoy)

Dedicated to Aly, because her story Top and Tail is AMAZING. Go read it, it's boyxboy. XD

Chapter 1 - Everyone's Gay . . . Except Him.

"I think he's gay," my best friend, Adriana whispered to me, pointing to some guy sitting at the front of the class, named Ben or something.

"And?" I sighed deeply.

"You could go out with him!" she squeeled as quietly as possible (thank God we were in the middle of a lesson, otherwise I'd have had the full force of her words screeched in my ears).

I rolled my eyes and opened my mouth to tell her exactly what I thought of her scheming ways, but was interrupted by my geography teacher's sharp voice, "Talking back there, are we? I'm sure I can squeeze you in for a detention at lunchtime, you two," she said dryly.

"Sorry, Miss," we replied nonchalantly, with puppy eyes. She sighed and turned back to the white board.

Determined to spend my lunchtime doing something more productive than a detention, I wrote Adriana a note instead of talking to her.

a) He has a girlfriend.

b) I am happy being single.

c) Why do you instantly assume every guy you've ever seen is gay????

d) Even if he were gay - WHICH HE ISN'T (proven in point a) - he's U.G.L.Y.

I received a reply instantly.

a) Have you seen her??? DEFINITELY a butch lesbian. She has bigger muscles than he does! They must be each other's beards.

b) How would you know anyway?! You've never had a boyfriend!!!

c) Most are. FACT.

d) I can't argue with that... What about Paul??

I crumpled the note up and threw it at her, resulting in a paper fight and a lunchtime detention. Thanks, Mrs. Higgins

Adriana's life was basically devoted to finding me a boyfriend. In fact, she spent more time talking about how important having a boyfriend is, than actually being with her own boyfriend. Which, in my opinion, contradicts her whole argument.

I instantly regretted coming out to her, about a year ago. Seeing as I've never told anyone else my sexual orientation, I find it hard to meet anyone. Not that anyone would really want to go out with me anyway (I'm anti-social and boring, according to Adriana). I'm not overly camp or anything, so everyone just assumes I'm straight, I guess, despite my few gay qualities (smirk all you want, but I seriously find spiders utterly scary and no one can deny that I l look good in pink).I guess that I'll have to come out to my family one day. I don't know why I've put it off for so many years, because I'm not even that scared about it. I'm sure there'll be a bit of disappointment, but I know my family will continue to love and accept me. Life will go on.

It must just be a bit more awkward though.

I probably wouldn't have even come out to Adriana, if she hadn't asked me straight out, within five minutes of our meeting.

She'd always been in my class, but I had never really spoken to her before we were put as partners one chemistry lesson. As she was turning on the Bunsen burner, I noticed an oversized spider and started screaming. Wailing my hands about, my arm slipped over the Bunsen and I was consequently burned. Adriana followed me to the medical room and as soon as we were left alone, she lunged at me with questions, mainly, "You are so gay. You are gay, right?"I was surprised at how good her gaydar was, as well as her forwardness. Through my tears (that burn HURT), I shrugged and nodded weakly. From that day forward, needless to say, we have been inseparable and I paid her in battered mars bars (the food of the gods, according to her) in order for her to keep quiet about my fear of spiders and the crying. But, to this day, she has never let me live it down.