TSS : Chapter 1

Kayla.

Damien stirred in his sleep as I laid him in his crib. I was restless and exhausted from the little amount of sleep I had from these past six months we had been back from the hospital. Usually D would sleep around 11 but tonight he fell asleep at 9. I was ecstatic when I saw him start to relentlessly close his eyes.

I changed into sweats and a tank top. I turned the t.v. on and changed it to ABC Family. The television helps me sleep at night with comfort . My head hit my pillow and I already was starting to feel myself drifting into sleep. I said a quiet prayer for me and D. Sooner or later, I was out like a light.
-------------------------------------------------------
I woke up feeling the best I'd felt in months. I jogged into D's room to see that he was still asleep. It is definitely a great day.

I took a 15 minute shower. I got out the shower ready to get back to work for the first time in 5 months. I was sick of being cooped up in this house.

I put on a slim fitting red dress and slippers, but held my heels because I would change into them later on.

I walked into D's room to see he got himself somehow happily on his stomach. I clapped for him and excitedly said, " Let's go get ready Mama's big boy."

I picked him up and went on my way to Damien's restroom that came with his room. I quickly got his clothes off getting ready to bathe him. I just hope he doesn't hurt this dress. Why did I even put it on? No going back now. I sighed.

"Baby, please put pity on your mama and this $236 dress. Can you do that for me? ", I pleaded to him. He looked as if he was actually thinking about it. I sighed at him and grabbed his wash cloth. I turned back around to be met with soapy water all over my dress.

"Damien Jirani Carter ! Why, baby? " He laughed the hardest I ever seen him, triggering my laugh. "Boy are you lucky I'm in love with you."

And it was true, he was the only boy I ever loved other than my father, my brothers, and my best friend. But, no one else not even my son's father. Well, after all he was just my sperm donor. I know nothing about him other than the fact that he is one of the most beautiful men I had ever laid my eyes on. Too bad we met through a catalog.

I silenced my laughter, "Your gonna owe me a new dress bad boy. Now, let's get you dressed for Grandma's.