Chapter Ten (unedited)

So let me know if you like where I am going if changed the plot a few times so can again!

Ps please comment and vote so I know if you like, and please fan if you want updates of new posts! Thanks sooo much your comments and reading means alot!

Chapter Ten

Friday came around fast, between studying for my up coming exams and being a mum there normally wasn't much timeleft  for me, well if I ever wanted to sleep.

I was really looking forward to mine and Scott's date, he hadn't told me what he had planned, just to dress warm and comfortable and to bring my gorgeous smile. Just thinking about him made me smile, while our relationship had started out hard, fast and heavy, it hard now progressed into slow and steady, while it seemed a bit backwards, but it worked for us.

When I picked Lucy from school she was bouncing off walls, it was nice seeing her so happy, that she had made such a good friend. Childhood friends are important.

We got home and Lucy raced inside, eager to pack and wait impatiently for Whitney and her mother to arrive. I walked up the steps to find a bedroom that looked a tornado had hit, I think Lucy had every item she owned on her floor.

"Oh my god Lucy! What on earth are you doing?!" I exclamined loudly. 

"Mummy have you seen my sparkly pink party dress?" she looked up at me while still pulling out the content of her dresser, she knew how to wangle her way back into my good books, just looking at me with those eyes in that way.

I sighed and walked over to her wardrobe, opened it , reaching in and pulling out her pink sparkly party dress, she hugged me tightly, before stripping off and pulling on her dress.

"Now how about we clean up, pack you some clothes and make you even prettier than you already are?"

We spent the next half an hour cleaning her room, packing her Dora overnight back, french braiding her hair. I even let her put on a little of my pink lip gloss, while she loved playing with my make up like any little girl, I normally didn't let her use my good stuff, but today was a special occasion.

Bang on four thirty the door bell rung, opened the front door to reveal, a little girl about the same height as Lucy, with long black silky hair, mocha coloured skin, and big brown almond shaped eyes. Her Mother Janine stood next to her, they were a spitting imagine of each other, except Jannine has the height and curves of an adult.

"Why Hello, I'm Janine, you must be Phoebe, and this must be the little Lucy I've been hearing about non-stop." Janine said with a prominent southern drawl.

"Hello, Hello yes and you must be Whitney," I said addressing her directly "Come on in"

"Thanking you Ma'mam" Whitney said with the grace only a well raised southern girl could.

I led them into the lounge.

"Mummy can I show Whit, my room, pleeeeeeease" Lucy begged

"Of course you can munchkin, but don't pull everything out again"

"Thank you mummy" Lucy had grabbed Whitney's hand and ran off before I had even finished my sentence.

Janine and I spent the next 5 minutes engaged in small talk. They had moved from South Carolina after Janine had met her current husband, Her husband was in finance, and had grown up here so they decided it would be the best place to live. Janine was still 'settling in', she was looking for something "arty", but was happy on her fund raising boards for now. She said how she had a fundraiser meeting for next weeks Hospital Ball on saturday afternoon, so Whiteny's step father would drop Lucy back about two o'clock. 

Janine has obviously been given everything she ever wanted, but she still had that sad luster in her eyes, the lacked the sparkle of true fulfilment, but only those who had lived in that world would trul yunderstand, it could suck you dry if you didn't find your purpose. Janine seemed a nice enough women and seemed to love her daughter very much, Whitney seemed like a happy and contented child.

The girls came flying down stairs and out to the care, before I knew it they were driving off, Lucy waved as she drove off, it made me happy for her to be having this new experience.

***********************************************************

After Lucy left, I began preparation for my date. I ran a bubble bath and poured a glass of wine, I can't remember the last time I had had the luxury of just soaking in the tube. It was bliss, lying back in the Victorian claw foot, raised back cast iron tub, it was full of rose scented bubble, a Christmasgift from Jodi. When I got out of the tub I wrapped by self in a big white bath towel and padded bare foot to by bedroom. I looked into my closet and pondered what was I going to wear. What was casual and warm, that still looked sexy? I started to hyperventilating, what was I doing? I couldn't date I didn't have time what was I thinking? I stuck my head between my legs and took some deep breaths. Ok I can do this Scott is great! He isn't James.

I ended up picking out a pair of blue denim skinny jeans, a black V neck sweater, and a black parker, topped of with black knee high boots. I brushed and straightened my hair until it shone and sat perfectly. I applied a small amount of makeup, enough to hide my imperfections but not enough to look over done. Through out this process I continued to repeat to myself, I can do this.

Promptly at seven thirty the door bell rung, I opened it to reveal Scott looking as sexy as ever, his his hair still wet from his recent shower, he had on a black cashmere and black trousers. He had abouquet of beautiful pink lilies in his hand and a big sexy smile one his face.

"Hey Princess P, you look stunning," he motioned for me to do a complete 360, I did to humour him, "these are for you," he said handing me the flowers.

"Thank you, their my favourite."I said taking the flowers "I just got to put them in some water come-on through,"

Scott followed me to the kitchen and i put the flowers in a vase and placed them on the island bench.

I turned around to find Scott standing close to me. He looked at me and kissed me, it was as good as i remembered, it was deep pleading, passionate. Scott pulled away.

"We better get going, or we will miss my surprise." Scott said it with a strong hnt of lust in his voice.

"So, are you going to tell me where we are going yet?" I said as I followed Scott out to his car and he opened the door for me.

"Nope its a surprise!" Scott explained. We drove for about fifteen minutes, before arriving in a bigfield, and the state carnival. I was stunned, I had never been allowed to go to them as a child, it wasn't suitable, Scott must have remembered from our first date.

"I can't believed you remembered!" A giant smile across my face, I was out of the car before he even had a chance to open the door for me.

It was so fun, we rode every single ride at least twice, Scott won me a giant tiger at the ball throw. We ate hot dogs, candy floss and sodas for dinner, it was bringing my inner child out.

As we sat snuggled on the carosel, with all of the lights and people below, I felt happy, I had a great caring man next to me, my little girl was happy, I had my best friend, I was doing well in school, it was all to good to be true.