Scarlet Curse: Chapter 4: Feelings

The next few days felt cold, almost empty. I didn’t know why I was so troubled by the choice I would make.  I wanted to see them but is being selfish and bringing the evil and treachery back into this world okay? I pondered about it for days and deep down inside…it was tearing me apart.

I opened up the computers database and clicked on the files we had of people throughout the world. Our news/journal agency had access to it because we helped investigate crime scenes and did not just do reports on them. I typed in a name Elomnik Berne and entered it in the search bar. I waited a couple of seconds as the computer searched through the files, but was disappointed when it came up with No results found.

I honestly didn’t know what I was expecting to find. Obviously there would be no database on Elomnik. I took a deep breath and exited the page, leaning back in my chair and staring at the ceiling. I wasn’t sure why I was still looking for Elomnik because I had nothing to say and I had no clue what to do. It was almost pointless.

“Scarlet! Get back to work, don’t just laze around!” Boss yelled as he walked by.

I nodded and leaned forward again, getting back to my work and writing my journal entry on a murder that took place the night before. I quickly finished it up and took care of some things before gathering my stuff and heading home.

“Nice work today Scarlet, make sure to get some rest, goodnight,” Boss said to me as I headed passed his desk on my way out.

“Thanks Boss, you too,” I replied. I headed down some stairs and turned left to make my way out of the building, exiting through the electronic sliding doors.

“So you really do work here then.”

I turned and faced the person behind me who had said something. “Elomnik”

“You should be more excited when I show up in front of you,” he chuckled a bit.

“What do you want?” I asked, ignoring his stupidity.

“Just wanted to see this beautiful face,” he replied.

I turned back around and continued my way home; I honestly didn’t want to talk to him at that point in time.

“Hey, wait!” He yells as he runs up and pulls me back around and reaching towards my neck.

“What are yo-“

“Where the hell did you get this?” He snarled as he took the pendant I had gotten from Father and held it, looking straight at me.

I pushed him away and snarled back, “it’s none of your concern, now leave me be.”

I started to run home instead of walk as soon as I pushed him away and snarled at him. I hadn’t seen him following me so I slowed down as I got to the stairs of my apartment building, only to find him standing at the top of the stairs.

“You can’t run away from me, dear,” Elomnik said with a smile.

A thousand thoughts were running through my head at that moment. “What do you want,” I said quietly.

“Come with me,” he replied.

I looked up at him, “what?”

“You heard what I said, come with me. I think it is about time you give in to me and we start a family. Scarlet, it will happen.”

Anger rushed through my body and my muscles tensed. Who the hell did he think he was? I ran passed him and into the apartment building, quickly rushing to get to my room and be away from Elomnik. As soon as I got in my room I slammed the door and stopped, sliding down against the door to the floor in utter defeat because there he was standing against a wall waiting.

“Give up,” he said with no humor.

I hesitated, “I won’t; you don’t own me.”

He quickly grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards my bed, pushing me down and climbing on top of me. He kissed me and I pushed him back, this wasn’t happening. He grabbed my wrists and held them above my head against the bed with his hand, no matter how much I struggle… Again he kissed me, using his other hand to pull up my shirt; I couldn’t do anything about it. His knee between my legs and his hand on my breast, his lips move down, kissing my neck now, my eyes watered and just one though went through my head. Ethan, save me.

 Elomnik pulled away, letting go of my wrists. “Why is it always him,” he asks.

“I…” I’m not sure why but I hesitated, it almost hurt to say it; “I love him that’s why.”

“But he’s gone!” He snarled, “And I’m here… so why, why don’t you realize the fact that I too had been close to you since the day you had been born, not just Ethan.”

For a second I thought I had seen a tear run down Elomnik’s cheek but then he turned away, getting off from the bed and heading towards the window. I didn’t know what to say to him. I put my hand to my chest, was my heart actually beating faster for him?

“Scarlet, I love you. I will be back,” he said as he suddenly disappeared out the window. 

I wondered for just a second if maybe there was a chance that deep down…I loved him back?