Chapter 2

"They've been gone quite a while, haven't they?" Christine asked Giry.

"Oh, it's been about ten minutes." She said checking her watch.

Christine nodded but wasn't convinced. Raoul never takes this long to talk to anyone, really. "I'm going to the restroom." Mrs. Giry smiled and Christine left.

One of Raoul's mistakes was choosing the spot he did. Christine rounded the corner and stood right in front of something that tore her apart. She blinked a few times. Maybe she was paranoid. But she wasn't. She turned and ran, not giving a care who was watching.

Raoul let go of Meg and quickly wiped his lips upon hearing Christine. He ran after her calling, "Christine, wait!"

Christine's cheeks were wet with tears. How could he! How could he?! Raoul caught up to her and grabbed her arm. He turned her around so she was facing him. Christine gave him a cold, hate filled glare. "What?"

"That's not what you thought it was," He defended—lied.

"Really?" Christine said with a sarcastic smile. "Did you enjoy yourself? Huh? Did you enjoy kissing my best friend?! And behind my back?!" She managed to squirm out of Raoul's grip and went outside. Where Raoul followed. She was about to get in the car when Raoul grabbed her wrist. "It wasn't me!"

"Meg would never kiss you."

"She kissed me back." He remarked.

Christine laughed sarcastically, "You admitted! You dirty cheat! You cotton-picking liar!" She jerked her wrist away she told the wheelman to drive. She looked through the window of the car and saw Raoul go back inside. She scoffed through tears and went to her home. She needed someone to turn to. She needed to vent. But to who? Raoul didn't have any servants, she couldn't go to Meg, who?

After a while of thinking she made a decision. Raoul is gonna kill me for trying this.

But she put one dress in her tote of other things and went anyway. She hailed a taxi. It was going to be a long weekend. She had the taxi drive to hotel where she stayed and told the clerk, "If any body reacts to see me or wants my room number don't give it to them." Christine started to walk to her but turned around again, "Don't even tell them I'm here." The clerk nodded and she left her room.