Chapter 4

I was nearing the lake and I saw the boat was where Raoul and I left it. I jumped in and and started rowing toward the other side of the lake. As I got to his abode nothing had changed. Nothing was moved. The veil still lay on the floor where I dropped it. I started looking around the vast yet so small place for any signs of the Angel of Music. I didn't find him anywhere. I thought really hard. I looked over the curtains that guys mirrors. One by one, I lifted each one. When I came to a red velvet curtain I did not see a mirror behind it. It was another tunnel.

I looked behind me thinking someone could be watching me. The I enter the place. My flashlight was losing light so I quickly ran down the tunnel. When I reached the end I was in the woods. I followed the beaten path that I found. A small barn like house came into view. I walked up to it and rapidly knocked on the door. No one answered. When I started to knock again the door was flung open and a gun was pointed at my face.

I gasped and took a step back. "Angel?"

The man lowered his hand, "Christine?"

"Oh, Angel," I ran up to him and locked my arms around his torso. He stumbled back and didn't hug back.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

I reluctantly let go and took a step back. "I made a terrible mistake two years ago. And so did you. I shouldn't have gone... And you shouldn't have let me go." I turned my back to him. "He's a drunk... A liar... And a cheat. I hate him with every fiber of my being."

He felt him right behind me and my breath quickened. My chest rising and falling with the heat if my breathing. His hands were on my shoulders. I closed my eyes and rested my head upon his shoulder. "Somehow I can't quite picture you hating someone..."

A small smile rested on his lips. I opened my eyes and turned around. I looked into his crystal blue eyes and introduced my lips to his. He hungrily kissed back.

He broke it breathless and leaned his head on my forehead. "Let's go inside. I'll make tea."

I nodded and followed him inside.