Our Haunted House

[Trixie's Experience]

One day, me and my family were just all aimlessly walking around a mall, just doing some window shopping. After looking around a couple of boutiques, my sister insisted that we tell our own paranormal experiences when we get home and we agreed.

I may get scared easily, but I am a great fan of horror.

Back at home, we sat in the living room to share our own stories just for fun. We started with my mother. She told us that this happened when I was around five years old, and my sister, three. She was packing her stuff to go for Vancouver, a maid was with her while she packed her clothes. My mom told the maid to tell our secretary something, she told the maid her request while staring at her straight in the eyes. The maid nodded and went out.

A few minutes later, my mom was wondering what happened to the maid, since she never reported back to her. So, she called for the maid to ask her if she had done her task.

The maid was confused, "Sorry ma'am. But I believe you didn't tell me to do anything yet."

My mom panicked, "But I did! You even nodded in approval!" But the maid swore she didn't.

It turns out, that one of the other maids saw my mother talking to someone, but couldn't see anyone. So they all thought that my mother was talking to someone else. When mom was told this, she was convinced that she had either talked to a doppelganger or a ghost.

We were all seriously creeped out when she told us her experience.

Next up was my dad.

It was short, but he said it really happened. He told us that one time, our aunt, his sister, was wondering around our house, she saw a suspicious looking person go into my and my little sister's room. So, she went up to check on the mysterious figure, but was in disbelief to see nothing inside our room.

Hearing my dad's story almost literally made me scream.

But I was more terrified when I heard a disembodied voice call out our names one by one when my dad was still telling the story.

My sister went next.

Apparently, it's a rule in our house that maids sleep with us in our rooms to guard us. Though, one time, one of our maids saw someone. A man in the room where me and my sister sleep in. She said that he was just staring at the blank television as we just slept soundly.

She rubbed the sleep from her eyes to make sure of what she saw, only to see that there was no one there in the end. The strange man had disappeared from sight.

I then told them about the disembodied voice I heard earlier.

In the end, I was extremely spooked by our whole story telling.

It meant only one thing I kept denying my entire life...

Our house may be haunted...