Chapter 4

The whole day I couldn't stop thinking about how lucky I got. I called Chloe and told her to come over. I just stepped out of the shower when I heard the doorbell rang. I wrapped my body in one of the towels and opened the door for her.

"Hey Sweetie" she said as she entered my flat.

"Hello Chloe"

"So" she said while she sat down on the sofa in the living room. "What are the exciting news you were talking about on the phone?"

"Harry's taking me out on a date tonight" I answered, unable to hide a smile.

"How awesome! Soph, you are one lucky girl! Do you already know what you're going to wear for tonight?"

"Well... I thought you could help me out there" I said, knowing that she'd love to do it.

"With pleasure, honey!"

She stood up, took my hand and guided me upstairs in my bedroom.

"Sit down. I'm gonna find the perfect outfit for you now" She opened my closet and ransacked all my clothes.

"How about this one?" she asked, holding up an old dress my grandma bought me for my brothers prom.

"You know how old this one is?" I laughed. "I bet I won't even fit in it anymore"

She laughed out loud.

"Wait. Do you remember the white dress we bought together as we went to Topshop? You should definitely wear this one!"

"Are you sure?" I asked. "I mean I think it's really pretty but it's very short and I don't know if it's the right thing to wear for a first date."

"Found it!" she yelled as she handed it to me.

"Chloe did you listen to me?"

"Sure honey now put it on!"

I sighed and went to the bathroom.

"Oh Soph we forgot to talk about your underwear!" she said through the closed door between us.

"I don't think he get's to see me without this dress tonight" I responded, now opening the door to show myself to Chloe.

"You look amazing" she said smiling at me, "now let's go over to your hair. How about we curl it?"

"Do whatever you want. I trust you"

She took out the curler and started to curl my brown, long hair wisp by wisp. As she finished, she clamped a hair slide at the back of my head together with some streaks, so that my hair wouldn't sink like a curtain in front of my face.

"You are seriously so pretty" she said, being happy with the result.

"Thanks for your help. By the way I nearly forgot the time! What time is it?"

She rolled up her cardigan and took a look at her watch.

"It's almost 6PM" she answered, slowly realizing Harry wanted to pick me up at 6 o'clock.

"Shit! He will be here any minute" I said hysterically, feeling the nervousness increasing inside of me.

I went from my bathroom into my bedroom and opened my vanity case to take out my favourite perfume. I sprayed a bit on my wrists and on my neck.

"Soph? I'll leave you now. I wish you so much fun for tonight." she said smiling and hugged me.

"Thanks again. I'll see you." I answered as she opened the door and closed it behind her.

'Okay Sophie. Calm down. You don't have to be so nervous' I said to myself. I went to the mirror which hung next to the entrance door. I just hoped Harry would like my appearance. I went with my fingers through my hair one last time as I heard the doorbell rang. I heard the beat of my heart getting louder and faster.

"That must be Harry" I thought. I took a deep breath and opened the door.