Chapter 7

Jasper's POV

I watched as Carlisle and Addie disappeared up the stairs and around the corner. "She'll be okay Jasper." Esme said putting a hand on my shoulder. I let out a big sigh. Carlisle ran downstairs at vampire speed. "Emmett, can we use you as a test subject?" He asked. Emmett bounced up, excited to be helpful.

We sat downstairs quietly waiting for Adeline and Emmett. Breaking the silence, a big thud echoed through the house followed by an ears splitting scream. "ADELINE!" I screamed. I stood up getting ready to run upstairs when Edward put his hand on my shoulder. Then a huge boom came from upstairs. Emmett just fell over. Then his booming scream followed that.
The screaming went on for a few minutes until Emmett stopped and you could only hear Adeline. Finally her scream died down and you heard Emmett yell, "What just happened to me!" He ran down the stairs as we all gasped at his appearance. He was super skinny with no muscles or body fat. Edward and Alice burst out laughing. "Emmett, it's time to change back!" Carlisle yelled down the stairs.
Emmett left the room and a few seconds the screaming began again. I sighed again and leaned back against the couch. I squeezed my eyes shut hoping it would go away but every time I opened my eyes again, I was right back in the living room with screams ripping through the air. I looked over to see Edward shudder.
Once the screaming wore off, Carlisle came downstairs. I stood up off of the couch. "Is she okay?" I asked my voice shaky. "She will be. The transformation stretched out her skin and transforming back had to shrink her skin." He explained. I winced as he described it. "She's been asking for you." Carlisle told me. I nodded and walked upstairs.
I walked down the hall to Carlisle's office. I opened the door to find Emmett and Adeline both laying on the ground. Emmett was gasping for air as Addie was sobbing hysterically. "Rosalie!" I yelled down the hall. She ran up and gasped at the sight. She ran to Emmett's side as I did to Adeline.
   I placed my arm under her back helping her to sit up as she screamed right into my ear. It was extremely loud to Rosalie, Emmett, and I with our vampire hearing. "Ow! Ow!" She cried. "It hurts set me down!" I did what she said and lowered her to the ground. I looked over to Rosalie, where Emmett laid tears streaming silently down his face. I must say, in my however many years, I have never seen him cry. A deep low growl came from Emmett's chest.

   Rosalie and I stayed by their side for the rest of the night. Emmett had stopped crying but he was still in pain. Addie however continued to lay on the ground sobbing as she withered in pain. I tired to use my powers on her to help her but she told me to use them on Emmett or she would take them away from me.
I would tell Edward not to bring Carlisle up here and that we had everything under control through my thoughts.

   After Adeline had stopped crying she finally spoke. "Jasper, I'm ready to go downstairs. What about you Emmett?" She asked turning her head sideways and moaning in pain. "If you are." He responded. I ever so slowly scooped her up gently into my arms. I carried her bridal style as Rosalie helped Emmett walk.
   I walked her down the hallway carefully. If she moved to much she would cry out in pain. I had to put a hand over her mouth to muffle the scream. I walked down the stairs as Esme and Alice got up from the couch to let me set Addie down.
   I gently set her laid her down as she continued to scream. She let a few tears escape as she tried her hardest to be strong. God, why is she in so much more pain than Emmett! I wondered. Do you know why? I asked Edward through my thoughts. I looked up to see him nod. "I'll be right back." I said to Adeline as I kissed her on the forehead. I then turned to Edward and followed him out of the room.