Chapter 8

Lydia’s POV

When I told Zayn to finally go back to his room when he insisted on looking out for me on the rest the night I just kept insisting instead he should just take a break from worrying about me.

I lay in my soft warm comforting bed for an hour and still couldn’t find myself to fall asleep.

Looking over at the night stand where my digital clock stood bright and tall.

2:08am

I groaned with frustration and kicked myself out of my bed to walk to my bed room door, I found my way down the stairs without tripping over anything and successfully found the kitchen in the pitch dark. I flipped on the light switch to see it was completely empty, of course it was! I could hear the range of loud and soft snores from up stairs. 

A slight shock of coldness went through my body when my feet came in contact with the cold stone tiled flooring, I just ignored the feeling and walked straight to the sink to get a glass of water. I laughed silently at the cup I chose of course I would get this cup even though it was my favorite glass since it resembled the same design of the walk out window/balcony door in my room when I was a little girl. 

“What’s so funny?” I shrieked from fright as I heard a raspy deep voice say right behind me, and whoever it was going almost made me drop the cup.

“Jesus you-“ I turned around to find my eyes connecting with the familiar green eyes I haven’t seen in a while.

Harry was leaning against the arch door way with his back on it smirking at me with his arms crossed showing his enlarge biceps and inked art on his arms and chest, his sharp intense muscular V-line was visible because his black light sweat pants hung dangerously low on his hips as the material covered his stunning legs.

Harry cleared his throat trying to tunnel me away from my thoughts and checking him out, the heat in my face was probably so visible that I was as red as a stop sign.

He chuckled seductively bowing his head forward amused by my flustered moment.

“I’m sorry that I scared you.” He started strolling his way over to me smirking, passing by me he reached up and grabbed a random glass to fill water with.

 I could feel the body heat come off of him as he stretched for the piece of glass next to me as his muscles bulged out as did his veins. 

When he turned the sink water off he turned around and leaned against the marble counter drinking the water looking forward, my eyes sneakily scanned his new ink. He had about 7 more the last time I have seen him in person, but one that stood out mostly to me was my name in black cursive on his upper chest…

My eyes dropped to the ground just as a lump in my throat was making it hard for me to swallow.

“Your friend Christa made this amazing German chocolate cake and she wouldn’t let me get a third piece” He chuckled, I started to laugh too as I can imagine Christa doing such a thing.

My back leaned against the counter as my hands rested behind me as I looked at the ground smiling still, not trying to let Harry see anymore of the flustered warm tint in my cheeks. 

“So I guess I decided to steal a piece in the middle of the night.” My eyes went wide with shock and looked at him, he raised a eyebrow at me with a questioning look. 

“Have you gone mad? She will kill you-“ He placed his long finger on my plump lips giving me a sweet smile, his dimples flashing me as his eyes sparkled electrifying the color in them. I studied every corner of his perfectly sculpted face, he looked like an angel to be honest. That simple touch from his finger in contact with my skin made a shiver go through me as the exciting adrenaline rush went through my veins making my heart beat pulse the blood in my body faster than it ever has in a long time.