Chapter Twenty

CC's POV

I paced the waiting room back and forth, Jinxx sat in a chair leaning his elbows on his knees, Jake sat next to him with his head in his hands, shaking his leg. Andy's parents had caught the first flight to California, so they sat in the waiting room with us. 

"Mr. and Mrs. Biersack?" A female nurse who was dressed in scrubs called out. "Right here." They stood up, we followed them as they approached her. 

"Is everything okay?" Amy was desperate for answers. "Andrew is in stable condition. He has two broken ribs, and he complained about chest pains, which we discovered is minor emphysema, which will worsen if he continues to smoke, but nothing too serious." She gave us a reassuring smile.

"What about Alex?" I asked, but the nurses smile faded. "Alexandria Roberts?" I slowly nodded. "She's in the ICU in acoma, so we can't operate until she wakes up."

My eyes widened "operate?" I began to worry even more. "She has multiple incisions that need stitching, which means she's lost a lot of blood. She may also have a concussion and other internal bleeding, but we have to wait until she wakes up to be sure." The nurse sighed.

"Will she be okay though?" Amy budded in. "We think so, um I'm getting paged. I'll keep you updated. Andy should be released soon." She quickly walked away.

"They think so? What is that supposed to mean?" I started to pace back and forth again. All of a sudden Ashley jogged through the hospital entrance, he stopped beside me, panting like crazy.

"I'm sorry, the Uber driver was slow, so I got out and ran." We all glared at him. "What the fuck is your problem!" I walked over and shoved him. "Why the hell are you here?" I shouted, walking towards him.

"You're the reason we're in this mess!" I shoved Ashley, causing him to stumble. "You're drunk!" Everyone in the waiting room stared at me. "CC, calm down." Chris walked over and held me back. "I won't calm down! If Ash just kept his dick in his pants, Alex wouldn't be dying right now!" Tears threatened my eyes.

"She's not dying!" Jake interrupted. "Yes she is! We all know it, the nurses know she is too! They're just too scared to tell us!" I screamed, flailing my arms around.

"Sir, you need to calm down." A nurse calmly said from behind the desk. I took a deep breath and pushed my hair out of my face. "I want you to leave." Ashley's eyes squinted tightly, a single tear falling. "I'm sorry." He walked out, his head in his hands.

"Alexandria is awake." The nurse came over. "Now we can operate." She fiddled with her clip board. "Isn't see too weak?" Amy asked. "If we don't operate now, she can possibly... die from her injuries." The nurses smile disappeared.

"There also might be a slim chance of her not waking up after she goes under." We were speechless. "But, like I said, chances of that are very slim." I held my breath and let a tear fall. "Thank you." She gave a single nod and wandered off. Everyone in the waiting room shared looks of concern.