Prologue- Fatal Decisions

Prologue-Fatal Decisions

Unknown

Tom's eyes opened slowly. The panic had crept into his eyes as they darted about wondering where he was, why he was hear and what I wanted. The single lightbulb overhead gave enough light to reveal he was somewhere he didn't know, bound to a chair.

"Hello?" he said, his voice cracked as his fear overtook him. 

"Hello," I said sweetly, staying in the shadows. I didn't know if I wanted to keep this one or not.

He jumped at my voice, and slowly turned his head to look at my direction. I smiled. Fear. It always made me feel better and it was always so easy to manipulate.

"What do you want? I'll do anything. Just please. Let me go." His voice cracked again and tears started to roll down his cheeks.

I stepped forward. "Are you sure?" My smile stayed as he froze in shock.

"Y-y-you?" he studdered.

"Yes. Who else were you expecting?" I replied cheerily.

"B-b-but..."

"Tut. Tut. There's no buts. You lost, baby, and this is your consolation prize." 

The tears started to fall more freely and heavily from his eyes and he started shaking. I leaned forward and stroked his cheek. I brushed my lips beside his ear. "Don't worry. This nightmare will all end soon" I whispered. 

"Hush, little baby. Don't say a word. Mama's gonna buy you a mocking bird." I sang quietly. His shakings stopped and his sobs quieted. I silently glided to the back of the chair he was bound to. "And if that mocking bird won't sing, Mama's going to buy you a diamond ring." I slowly pulled out a gun from my jacket. I aimed and pulled the trigger. Tom heard the click and his eyes shot open and his mouth opened ready to scream, but it was too late. I had already decided.

***********************************************************************************************************

_____________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note

PLEASE READ ITS SO YOU WILL HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF THE STORY

Okay so I won't be posting a lot of Author's Notes unless I absolutely HAVE to! Anyway, I don't particuarly like putting "so-and-so's POV" it looks a bit unprofessional to me, so after the chapter number and name I will put a character's name and that will be who's the point-of view it is for the story. I just wanted to clear that up so no one who reads gets confused.

Thanks for reading my story and reading this lame Author's Note!

Comment! Vote! Fan!

-narutodreamer013