Chapter 12- Pikachu Goes Where No Other Dares Go

Chapter 12- Pickachu Goes Where No Other Dares Go

Garret  

"You have realized what Nikki is, right?" I asked Kale urgently. I was really hoping that I wasn't just crazy.  

"Yeah, yeah, Garret. She's supernatural or something. She has powers. I'm pretty sure Logan and Theo might not realize it. She has superspeed I think," Kale mumbled more to himself than to me. His brows were furrowed. Not many things got Kale confused, so it was surprising to be thinking so hard.  

"There is more to it," I spilled out. This was driving me crazy. "She got into my mind. It was weird. She got really mad, but all I was just thinking to myself."  

"So she has some sort of telepathy... I wonder what else she has, but what were you thinking that made her so mad?"  

This was frustrating. Why was Kale always so freaking calm? Show some emotion, dude. I ran my hand through my hair. "I don't know. I guess when I was thinking about how there was a girl going into the woods and-"  

"Stop right there. I can already guess. You need to shut off your perverted mind!" Kale exclaimed a bit angrily. Wow. I think that was jealously. Theo is right for once. It seems as if Kale does have a thing for Nikki.  

I looked back out the house that Kristin made. Maybe I should have talked to one of the other guys first. Kale wasn't good at sharing his thoughts or helping others understand. We all trusted him, sure, but that didn't make him easier to talk to.  

I saw some dust flying into the air and a figure heading toward us at full speed. "Hey, Kale." I shook him a bit until he turned. I pointed at the figure. "What is that?"  

Kale squinted at it. "I don't kn-" He yanked me to the side suddenly. The blurred figure cut right through I was a second ago.  

I stood there a bit shocked. I was this close to being flown into the air. "What the he--" I started.  

"Guys! Guys!" We both turned to the familiar voice trying to grab out attention.   

"Kale! Garret!" Theo gasped as he approached us. Kristin and Logan were following close behind. I scowled at him. Why was Kale's name said first? I wasn't any less important.   

"We have to follow her," Theo said finally regaining his breath. Kristin and Logan had reached us.  

"Her?" I questioned. "Nikki you mean?"   

"Yeah, she just ran right by you two!"  

"SHE was the one who almost killed me?" I asked angrily.   

"Well, you aren't exactly top priority with your perverted thoughts you know," Theo answered thoughtfully. "It seems like she doesn't really care what happens to you either way."