Chapter 31: Blessed

We haven't had a heavy focus on Julie arc in a while but we're starting one now. I hope you guys don't hate her right now. I hope this is a good time for pushing her towards you and possibly shoving her troubles down your throat. K thanks. Remember to vote & comment! xx
---------------------------------------------------------------------

NEW YORK CITY, NEW YORK

"Another hit coming for Crystal Army, I bet," said the president of Loud Motion Records as he approached the guys, who had just come off their set at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. 

The guys all turned in unison to face the woman they'd only recently stopped working for. "Maybe so," John said politely, shaking her hand. "It's good to see you."

"You, too," she said quickly, smiling at all of them. "But I'd be a lot more confident than you. Given the current condition of the face of the band, having a new single out without him is bound to get it enough attention to launch it to the top of the charts. Catch you boys later."

John glared at her as she walked away, but Alex put a hand on his arm and said, "Ignore her."

"Yeah," Tyler added, "she's just salty because you and John chose to leave Loud Motion and sign with Blackbird. Come on, let's go mingle."

John sighed as he followed his friends down on what would probably be a dozen more conversations similar to the one he'd just had.

***

LIMA, OHIO

Elsewhere, Kara sat in Julie's living room, watching as Julie wrote furiously on a notepad. She, on the other hand, was casually working on a Sudoku puzzle and munching on a bowl of popcorn sprinkled with hot sauce. 

"I'm surprised you didn't go to the fashion show," Kara said suddenly. 

Julie looked up from the lyrics she was trying to write but then looked back down. "You're not there either."

"I'm not a pop star," Kara told her. She laughed and added, "Then again, you're not really one either."

"Ha-ha," Julie responded sarcastically. "I did get an invite but unfortunately I can't fly or do much of anything considering I can barely move. That's why you're here, remember?"

"Yes," Kara nodded, smiling at her. "And the beauty of it all is that once you give birth to your little fun-suckers you'll finally stop needing my help just to take a shower."

Julie rolled her eyes and tried to continue writing her song. As she tapped the rhythm with her pen, her train of thought was interrupted by the ringing of Kara's phone.

"Oops," she said with a grin. "Sorry for the disruption." Julie made a face at her as she reached for her phone, ready to answer. When she saw the number on the screen however, one without a name or photo to it, she immediately stood up.

"You going to get that?" Julie asked her. 

"Uh..." Kara hesitated. "Yeah..." She nervously made her way out of the living room and to the entrance of the house, where Meg was staring at her from the floor. Ignoring the pup, she answered the call, "What do you want?"

"Kara?" asked Jake, confused. 

"Jake?" Kara responded, shocked. 

"Kara, why are you answering?" he asked her.

"This is my phone," she responded. "Why are you calling me from that number?"

"We just tracked this from a..." Jake began. "Look, never mind. I can't say much over the line. I'm going to need you to meet me as soon as possible."