Que Cera Cera:Viennese Waltz (Chapter 3)

Chapter 3

~Que Cera Cera:Vienesse Waltz (Chapter 3)~

'Zendaya's POV'

Prom week is here and guess what? I've never been to prom. So I decided that I wanted take this opportunity to honor my grandma who was recently diagnosed with cancer. What I had told Val was that I wanted to recreate her prom and make it a really special night for her. I had chosen the song and everything. We even skyped with my grandma during rehearsals one day. It was really great to see her and I'm so excited to get to spend time with her when she comes for the show. I really want her to meet Val, I know she's going to love him instantly.

*A Few Days Later*

'Val's POV'

"There's no energy. I need to feel it."

She nodded with her eyes on the ground and got back into position. As we continued dancing, she was hitting a lot of the steps, but it was almost like she wasn't there mentally. She had a faraway look in her eyes, and she wouldn't look directly at me. She wasn't being her normal bubbly self.

"Let's take a break." I said dropping my hand from her shoulder.

She finally looked up at me, "I'm gonna sit outside, I need some fresh air." She said quietly as she let go of my hand.

"Okay." I replied giving her a smile. She didn't return it though, she just grabbed her water bottle and walked out the door. I grabbed my own bottle and slid down the wall until I was sitting on the hard ground. Tilting my head back, I sighed, I wonder if I did anything to make her upset. I've been respectful of her age, but I've been very kind to her.

Maybe if I try and talk to her she'll open up to me. I pushed myself up from the ground and walked out the door to find her. I stepped into the bright sun and scanned the area right outside the studio. Movement over by my car caught my eye, I could see Zendaya's sock covered feet and her water bottle. She was sitting between my car and someone else's with her back against the side of my car and her knees up in front of her. She had one arm resting on her knees and her head resting on her arm. I slid to the ground beside her and stretched my legs out so they were partially under the other car.

"Z, what's going on?" I asked not looking at her.

She sniffled and lifted her head, "It's nothing."

I glanced at her, and my heart tightened at her tear stained face. I reached out and stopped a tear with my thumb as it slowly fell down her cheek. "It's obviously not nothing if it's got you this upset. Did I do something?"

Her eyes immediately snapped to mine, "No! It's not you, I promise." She said quickly.

On the inside, I was incredibly relieved, but at the same time worried about her. If it wasn't me, what could it be?

She dropped her head again and her shoulders were shaking slightly. I fought with myself as I considered touching her in some way to comfort her. Deciding to just go for it, I slid my hand onto the middle of her back and I rubbed it gently. I happily noticed that she didn't shy away at all, if anything, she seemed to lose some of the tension in her shoulders.

"Listen, I'm not going to force you into telling me... I'm just going to be here for you, whatever you need, I'll be here." I said quietly.

She took a big shaky breath before replying, "Doing this dance for my Grandma is really stressing me out and starting to worry me a lot."

"Worry you about what?" I asked confused at what she meant.

"My grandma." Zendaya whispered and wiped some tears away. "I've been thinking about her cancer so much because of this dance, and now I'm just really worried that she's not going to make it Val." As my name came out of her mouth, she dissolved in tears again.