Chapter 131

After he paid for the gas and got back in the car Bruno glanced at Lauren's hand that was texting quickly. "Who are you talking to?" he asked her.

"Everyone..." she said to him showing her what she had put on her facebook that was broadcast to more than 700 people. "You said it was okay if I said something..."

"Umm....yeah...umm..." she could feel him grip the steering wheel getting a bit tense.

"Bruno? I'm sorry..." she said reaching for her phone to delete the status update. She could feel herself getting a bit upset by his reaction.

"Elle...no...please don't be upset..." he stopped at stop light turning to touch her hair. "It's okay. I want you to keep it up there. I want your friends to know you're happy. I want you to be happy...."

"But you don't want everyone to know...." She told him still trying not to cry. "I know you want it to be private and no one to know. Bruno, you don't even want people to know I'm pregnant and that's really hard to hide...you would just go to the studio, have a show and go to bed. You don't even like all the interviews and the people knowing who you are...." She snapped at him.

"What does that even mean?" he asked turning into a park spot by the small store that had their rings.

"It means that you're ashamed of everything that's going on. I am so excited about right now and you keep raining on my parade. I want to be excited about marrying you and having your babies and things changing and moving on to be a real adult and you just want it all to just stay locked up and throw away the key. I want the key, Bruno! I want everyone to see what's in the box! I want people to see how much we love each other and how amazing our children will be and how awesome your album will be. I just want to shout it out from the top of Mauna Loa....whatever the fuck that is." She burst into tears opening the car door unsnapping her seat belt trying to get away from him. "I don't know if I want to do this...." She said to herself loud enough for him to hear her. He knew she wasn't going far, so he reached for his phone and sent a tweet to the whole world, something completely out of his character:

@LaurenHolt:I love you.

She sat down on the curb forgetting that she probably wouldn't be able to get up reaching for her phone to see her blinking phone. At the top she saw Bruno's tweet followed by message after message from his and her fans gushing over the tweet with a few mentioning her facebook status that, within thirty minutes had gone viral. She looked up seeing him sitting against the front of the Jeep watching her look up at him with tears in her eyes. "Baby, I don't want to rain on your parade...." He said reaching for her arms to pull her up. He pulled her into his chest feeling the movement of the babies against his stomach. "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you." He whispered. He quickly moved away from her catching her off guard. He held her hands with a giant smile coming across his face. "I'm going to marrrryyyyyyy herrrrrrrr!" he screamed throwing up their hands at the same time. "I'm spending the rest of my life with herrrrrrr! We're having twins! She loves my dog! And my feet! And my hairrrrr!" he continued to yell random things ignoring the fact that a sizeable crowd had gathered to watch him proclaim his love for his fiancé in the middle of a parking lot full of strangers.

"Well, you're in the right place!" someone shouted over his performance.

"Can we go get the rings, now?" Lauren asked him in a normal tone taking her hands away from him feeling her face turn redder than the shirt she had on.

"Yeah. Let's go get our wedding rings, boo." He responded kissing her lightly turning to the group that gathered around them.

"Can we take a picture with y'all?" a little girl ran up to them.

"Of course...." Bruno smiled pulling Lauren into the picture that a mother snapped. They continued to talk to the group that had gathered taking pictures, signing things and just being with the crowd that quickly grew. Before they knew it they had spent more than an hour in front of the place that they were supposed to be at for 30 minutes.

Lauren leaned over to Bruno whispering to him as he signed something. "My feet hurt and we need to get the rings before my parents get here...." He nodded his head quickly turning to her.

"Guys, Lauren needs to rest. I promise I will see you all again, okay?" he said to the group who didn't sound dissatisfied by their appearance. Bruno loosely held Lauren's hand as he led them into the store to get their wedding rings.

"My feet really do hurt..." she said to him with a laugh as they were led to a secluded area of the fancy store with two boxes sitting on the table.

"Sit down, boo. That'll help." He responded pulling the chair out for her.

"Hi guys..." a man in a nice black suit said sitting down across from the two of them. "I have your rings...."

"We don't get to pick them?" Lauren asked.

"We did pick them..." he responded to her. "Remember when we went shopping for baby stuff and we stopped at that one store? You told me what you wanted...." He said opening the box with the shine of a bright diamond bouncing off the glass windows of the jewelry store. The small diamond sat surrounded by rose quartz to symbolize her May birthdate.

"It is what I wanted...." She said looking at it surprised by the beauty.

"You can touch it....it's not going to blow up...." He said to her taking the box slipping it carefully and slowly on her hand. She looked down at the ring holding his hand as if it were just the two of them alone in the room. She looked into his eyes, him feeling the exact same way that she did. The salesman just sat and watched them look at each other. It wasn't the first time he would see this reaction and it wouldn't be the last time.

"Oh...the babies...." She said softly moving her hands to her stomach forgetting the ring was on her hand. Buno smiled and laughed at her snapping them out of their pre-marital bliss. "Here..." she took the ring off placing it back in the box. "Tomorrow."

"We have to get the marriage license too, baby..." Bruno told her standing up helping her get up.

"Thank you so much for your help...." Lauren told the salesman smiling at him.

"You're welcome, Ms. Holt." He answered pulling both rings back.

"I'll be right there, Elle..." Bruno said pushing her a bit away from the man in the suit.

"Oh, you got secrets?" she smirked walking toward the front of the store.

"Yes, Lauren. Lots of them that you'll find out about all of them tomorrow." He replied with the same smirk she had on her face.

"Okay, Private agent Mars. I'm going to go to the car...." She reached for his pocket grabbing the keys. "If you and your fellow agent aren't done with your mission within ten minutes I'm leaving without you. " she said playfully.

"You can't drive stick, Laur." He said to her turning to the black suit.

"I'll figure it out." She shrugged turning around with a giggle opening the door to go to the quiet parking lot.