Chapter 176

"Am I going to make it through the whole thing?" she asked him.

"It's like 30 minutes. It's not long . I didn't want to add crap to it." he told her waiting for her to recognize the song that was playing.

"Is this e the one from the studio and the piano?" she asked him looking at him through his sunglasses.

"Do you like it?" he asked turning to look at her reaction.

"Can I listen to it again?" she asked reaching for the back button without hearing his answer. E He didn't answer waiting for her to hear the song. "Oh Bruno...." she said in a soft shocked voice. "Boy meets girl makes her his wife?" He nodded his head keeping his eyes on the busy highway.

"Laur?" he asked not hearing anything from her.

"I'm ready for the next one..." she told him pressing the next button wiping away a tear from her eyes.

She listened to the guitar sound moving her head to the beat hearing him talk about the sex they had when she was pregnant. The song made her go back to the nights when he would just touch her and turn her on. She smiled through the song trying not to distract him from driving. "I need to change that one. I don't like it that way." he told her. "I thought of something better last night."

"You did?" she smiled at him.

"There's something about you that just brings the inspiration." he told her.

"What's the next one?" she asked waiting for him to change the song.

He moved his hand to the next button letting her listen to the song. Stopped at stop light he turned to her to see her reaction. "Do you like this one?" he asked.

"It's from the shower, isn't it?" she asked.

"Yeah. You're my treasure, Elle." he said taking her hand holding it gently as he started to drive down the residential street to his mother-in-law's home.

"I really like that one. I want to dance to it." she said still holding onto his hand.

"I might have been drunk when to did this one..." he explained talking about the next song about Moonshine.

"Did you really taste it?" she asked him. "What does it taste like?" she asked.

"It tastes like magic." he told her laughing at her reaction.

"Bruno, I can't drink right now. Quit writing about how amazing it is...." she told him.

"Aww...but it's good for you not to drink...." he said kissing her hand as the turned into the driveway.

"Oh. We made it in time...." she said getting out of the car quickly.

"We had to be here by a certain time?" he asked reaching for her side to hold onto her.

"She has stuff to do." Lauren told Bruno.

"Oh." he answered watching her walk into the house unsure of Rose's reaction to him. I didn't think of this....he thought to himself.

"Mommm!" Lauren yelled through her childhood home to find her mother caring for her children.

"I'm back here!" Rose yelled. Lauren drug Bruno to the back of the house to find her mother adjusting a diaper on Ezra.

"Where's Ev?" Lauren asked looking around a bit confused.

"She's over there..." her mother said pointing to the side of the room watching the bright toys above her head. "Oh...hello Bruno." Rose said with little emotion looking up at him. "Are you going back home, Lauren?" her mother asked.

"I think so. For a few days at least." she said taking Ezra from her mothersmiling at him saying hello to him. She handed him to Bruno going to get Everlee. "Does she have to be changed too? Have they had a bottle yet?"

"No and yes. They need a bottle before they leave. Or you. Either." her mother answered. "There's enough, but I'm sure you miss them...."

"I do..." Lauren smiled.

"Go ahead and feed them, mama. "I'll get their things." Bruno replied trying to find something for himself to do.

"Hold Ezra, Bruno.....Ev is almost asleep, so she'll be easier to deal with..." Lauren told him. Bruno took Ezra talking to him the same way Lauren did. Lauren went back into the living room to feed Everlee. Almost 20 minutes later Lauren came back into the spare bedroom where the babies were sleeping placing her back where Everlee was playing when they arrived. Placing Everlee carefully in the bassinett she turned to see Bruno not seeing Lauren walk in. He was laying on the floor with the baby on his stomach shaking toys and singing to him. Oh my god. And he's on his stomach.....he's so good sometimes....she thought to herself sitting down next to them making Bruno jump a little. Lauren laughed at the two of them. "It's his turn." she told him.

"But I don't get to hang out

"You can hang out with her when she wakes up." she told him taking Ezra from the floor telling him exactly what she was going to do.

"Do you want your stuff at the house or do you want to keep it here?" Bruno asked her.

"Bring it back to the house...." she told him. "Please...." she said softly trying not to sound demanding. He did as he was told trying to avoid Rose as much as possible. He pulled out the bags she had brought with her mentally figuring out exactly where everything went. He looked down trying to remember how he packed her bags. I got this.He thought to himself. "Are you ready?" Lauren asked seeing Bruno sitting on the floor with her bags packed texting someone.

"Don't worry, it's Jamie." he said handing her his phone.

"I believe you." she told him half believing him concerned that he shared the text with him. "Let's go home..." she responded taking a bag from the floor at the same time she held onto Ezra. "If you get her I can get the other stuff in one trip." she told him.

"That's fine...." he answered her.

"Be nice to my mom. I know it's awkward." Lauren told him. "Just be thankful it's not my dad."

"Oh god. No." he half laughed. Thefamily exchanged awkward good byes and easily placed the sleeping babies in the car.

"I kind of like this family thing, Laur. They make me happy. Like I don't know if there's anything more in the world that makes me happier than seeing them do things...." he admitted.