Chapter #8

Chapter 8: Paxton and The Doctor's Appointment

P.S. Please stop with "Paxton isn't the right name. It doesn't even make sense" comments. I named the baby doll Paxton because I wanted to. You'll understand when you get to that point in the chapter. Thanks. Anyways, enjoy!

***

It was unusual, really. Having Evan turn up everywhere I go, right in my face. What were the odds that he'd be my health partner? I didn't want to be rude and tell him how much I despised his company, so instead, I made no effort to show how uninterested I was. I simply sat in my desk, my face stone like.

"Fancy seeing you again, Peyton," he grins, leaning his face closer to mine; his elbows propped on my desk.

It was odd how he seemed to forget how I pushed him in the cafeteria. He didn't bring it up, nor mention it once. I appreciated that he was casual around me, even if he didn't know who the heck I was. I however, wasn't appreciating the time we were wasting in class just sitting here, saying nothing.

"Well, aren't you gonna go get our baby?" I sighed, gesturing over to the front of the class where all the babies were layed.

"No! You get it," he smirked. "Or we can make one."

"Trust me, the last thing I'd wanna do is make a baby with you." I muttered, looking at the dolls up front.

"Whoa, sorry for pushing your buttons, goody two shoes," Evan chuckled, his face lightening up in amusement.

"Believe me, I'm the opposite of 'goody-two-shoes'. Haven't you ever heard of phrase 'don't judge a book by it's cover'?" I narrowed my eyes, genuinely wondering why he was so consistent.

"Oh so you're a book now? Cause baby I'd love to read you." Evan teased and I simply rolled my eyes, ignoring his pathetic comment.

"Now go get our baby." Evan smirked.

"Fine," I grunted, getting up from my desk. "Aren't you going to help me pick a cute one?"

Evan rolled his eyes and followed behind me, his amusement quickly fading away. There were many different dolls laying on the table, all different shapes and sizes. Males and females. So when I turned to Evan, seeing which one he wanted to choose, he gestured the small, white male doll.

"I say we get the boy." Evan said.

"Okay, which one?" I chuckled, gesturing to the 3 baby dolls on the table. One had brown hair while one had black and the third had blonde. They each had different facial features and they felt like real human skin, which really creeped me out.

"Black haired one." Evan replied.

I shook my head. "I was leaning towards the brown haired one."

"Cool," Evan said, picking it up by it's arm and walking back to my desk at the back of the class room.

"Hey watch out!" I murmured, placing the baby properly in Evan's arms. I stepped back from Evan and a small smile found it's way to my lips at how cute he looked, cradling a little baby. His face was unimpressed as he stared right back at me. He rolled his eyes and I let out a small chuckle as he sat down in his chair, placing the baby on his lap. It's fake body went limp and it's arms felt to the side.

"Evan! The poor baby! Let it sit properly. I hope you realize Mrs. Caylub is grading us at how we care for it in class!" I grunted.

Evan shrugged one of his shoulders and turned the baby around, opening up it's back and flicking the 'On' button. The baby right away started to burp and I couldn't help but I burst into laughter. I didn't know why the realistic burp noises made me laugh, but they were so random and weird. Evan looked up at me, a grimace on his face.