Chapter 4- The Replacement

Chloe's POV:

The competition went great, now, I was just nervous for pyramid. I missed Paige so much. No one knew how she... Died, because Brooke wouldn't tell anyone. I wanted to know, all I knew was it was a car crash. I also knew Abby would bring in a replacement. I knew she was coming this week, according to gossip in the studio. I hoped she was nice. I knew she would never replace Paige. I wouldn't let her.

"Girls! PYRAMID!" I heard Abby shout, and I walked into Studio A. I walked in, and stood in a line next to Kenzie and Maddie. I looked down at my tan jazz shoes with worry. I hoped Abby was glad I won. I pulled at my black shorts.

"Well, overall a great competition ladies! We got our sweep!" She exclaimed, "Now, for the pyramid." The first picture was Kendall. "Kendall, you didn't have much, but in Safe and Sound, you bobbled on your turns, and did not point your toes! Come on, kid." The next picture was Nia. "Again, not much to judge you on, but in the groups, you were good. I need great." She skipped past the next picture, and I assumed it was Paige. The next picture was Maddie. "Maddie, you didn't have a lot either, but in the group, you made up your starting turns! Do the choreography as its given to you! You should be able to remember it, especially since you only had two dances!" She took off the two middle row pictures at the same time. Kenzie and me. "Mackenzie and Chloe, I honestly have no complaints. Mackenzie, your solo was fabulous, and in the group with Brooke you were stunning. Chloe, your solo was amazing, and in the group with the boys you were amazing as the first person." She revealed the top, Brooke. "Brooke, your solo was amazing, and in both groups you were stunning. Great job."

"Thank you, Miss Abby." Brooke said.

"Now, you're probably wondering who this is." Abby pointed to the uncovered one. She ripped the paper off. There was a picture of a beautiful girl with dark brown hair, and neon green eyes. She had perfectly straight teeth, and she was really tan. "Please welcome Abby Stellar!" A girl that looked just like that girl walked in. She was wearing a green crop top and white shorts with a green and pink plaid on them. "Girls, she will be dancing for Paige. Abby is 13, and her best styles are lyrical and contemporary." Abby said. "Now, assignments. I have four solos. Chloe, yours is a lyrical piece called Tell Me. Brooke, yours is a jazz piece called Make You Mine. I'm trying to get you out of your comfort zone. Mackenzie, yours is a lyrical piece called The One They Left Behind. It is about abandonment. Abby, you will be doing a contemporary piece to a song called Cherry Tree. It is very elegant, and, well, sexy. My duet will be Brooke and Mackenzie. It is acro/jazz, and it's called It's Always Fun. The group is a acro piece featuring Brooke, called You Know. It is about gossip. Alright, let's get stretching!" The moms left, we stretched, and started the group.

Abby was good. She could do a lot of turns, and she was good at acro. She had good emotions too, and I could already see her becoming the favorite. The group was pretty. It was a good piece. Then we worked on solos. I loved my solo. It was about a girl who just wanted someone to tell her they cared about her. After jazz and modern class we went home.

I showered, checked my Instagram, and went to bed.