The Astronomy Tower {Clary & Scorpius One Shot}

Astronomy Tower {Clary & Scorp One Shot}

            “Miss Weasley!” I heard my name being called as my head immediately tuned so quickly to the side that I thought for a second I had whiplash. I had been gazing outside my Hogwarts A History class towards the quidditch field, where I could vaguely make out the small forms of the Slytherin team flying around, practicing for their next match. I could just barely make out the small form of Scorpius Malfoy—my best friend—flying around keeping guard as a keeper.

“Y-Yes?” I stammered out, embarrassed that I had been caught by Professor Binns, daydreaming. I couldn’t help it though, Slytherin got out earlier today for Quidditch practice and there so happens to be a boy down there flying around that I may very well be infatuated with. I shook the though from the premises of my mind, however, Teddy fancied me, I couldn’t break his heart and tell him I may fancy Scorpius.

“I’m sorry for disturbing your wonderful moment of daydreaming, but this is my class and you will pay attention. Now face forward or next time I shall move you from that spot Miss Weasley.” Professor Binns threatened as I mumbled unpleasant words about the old hag of a teacher, but complied nonetheless as I turned around in my seat and faced forwards. Having the eyes of many of my fellow classmates on me as I tried to ignore them, but I could already feel Libby’s stares upon my back as I glanced at her to see her smirking. I soon felt the blush creep onto my face, she knew what or rather—who—I had been staring at. I slumped down lower in my seat, trying to escape her gaze.

Time flew by rather quickly after Professor Binns has caught me and soon the bell chimed signaling the end of my last class of the day. I tried to scurry away as quickly as possibly, trying to avoid the many questions I would be asked by a certain red headed girl, but I failed miserably. For Libby was already standing next to me with a sly smirk playing on her pretty features, as she hands slammed on my desk causing my attention to go towards her. “Why don’t you just bloody well tell him you fancy him?” Libby’s voice said as she looked at me with those fair green eyes.

I blushed slightly—cursing under my breath—realizing I was become more like my mother every time I blushed for stupid reasons. “Libby, I don’t believe I know what you are talking about.” I nonchalantly said as I picked up my books and started to weave myself around the fiery redhead.

“Oh no you don’t!” she said as she sped up to me and grabbed my arm. “You know very well what I am talking about Clary. You fancy Scorpius—“

I immediately clamped my hand upon her mouth as my eyes doubled in size, trying to silence her in order for no one else to find out about my hidden secret and have it go spreading across Hogwarts like wild fire. “SHHH!” I yelled quietly, “Could you not yell it out to the whole world?”

I felt her mouth pull up to a grin underneath my hand as I sighed and removed my hand, “I knew it! You do fancy him!”

I groaned as I placed my hand upon my head, “Could you possibly be quieter?”

Libby grinned, “Possibly, if you actually confess.”

“Yes, alright then, I do fancy Scorpius.” I whispered as Libby grinned even wider—if that were possible—and then proceeded to jump into the air to show her excitement.

“Oh I knew it! Why don’t you tell him then?” Libby asked curiously as we proceeded to walk down the crowded corridors towards the Great Hall where I’m sure the rest of our friends were waiting.

“Because Libs,” I sighed as I ran my hand through my rather long golden hair, “Teddy has fancied me since we were small… I can’t go and break his heart and tell him that I may very well fancy his other best friend… What if it ruins our friendship?”