One Shot

This is a one shot for xxTheDreamerxx for winning second prize on my Fred Weasley Story. Sorry it tooook FORRREVER to put up. I've been crazy busy and I just finally finished it. I hope you like it xxTheDreamerxx! I tried my best to fit the stuff you wanted to the characters! :D

Vote. Comment. Fan? :)

_______________________________________________________________________________

The Mirror of Erised {One Shot for xxTheDreamerxx}

            “Derek! Give me back my Arithmancy book! You’re going to make me late to class.” Kayla Dreamer yelled at her best friend, her glasses sliding slightly down her nose as she tried to reach up for her book in her best friend’s hand. Kayla’s Ravenclaw robe and coal like hair blowing in the wind as she stood in the middle of the courtyard outside Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Students stared at the two as they walked by hurrying towards there class.

“Not in your dreams, Dreamer.” Derek replied with a sly smile. He was what people thought as the cool guy, the guy everyone admired, the guy every girl dreamed about. Derek Night; tall, handsome, mysterious, sly and most of all cocky and slightly rude, though he has a soft spot for a certain nerd in Ravenclaw. You guessed it, the dark haired beauty that stood almost a head shorter than him, trying to reach for her Arithmancy book. Derek grinned down at his best friend for ten years now, he’s known Kayla through their fathers, but a few years earlier Kayla’s father died and he felt it was his duty to watch after her. Though that didn’t mean he never teased her, because that was his personal duty, to tease her and torture her at times. “Come on you can reach, just a little further.” Derek taunted his best friend as he held the book up above his head where he knew Kayla would never be able to reach.

Kayla Dreamer glared up at her friend through her black square rimmed glasses, her deep forest green eyes shining vividly. If only looks could kill. “Derek Tiberius Night!” Kayla yelled loud enough for the passing by students to hear as she noticed the slight tint in her father’s cheeks. She knew he hated his middle name, one of the main reasons she used it to her advantages, “You give me my book right now before I use force.” She seethed through her gritted teeth, she may be the sky, overlooked nerd in Hogwarts, but when she was never like that with her best friend Derek, especially when he did stuff like this.

“Okay, listen up Dreamer. I’ll make you a deal, you do my Potions essay and I’ll gladly just hand you this here book.” Mr. Night said with a sly smirk, Kayla Dreamer placed her hands on her hips, her small physique looking up at the tall, handsome boy with earnest.

“Derek… I always do your homework anyways!” Kayla yelled at her friend, he only grinned.

“Yes… but I need this potions homework done by the end of the day.”

She stared at the boy with a glare, see she would have just used magic earlier on this fight to just grab her book, but the sly Slytherin boy was smart enough to take her wand before he took her book. She sighed with defeat, she now understood why he took her book in the first place, and usually she wouldn’t do Derek’s homework until he’s done a little bit himself. Though it seemed like she had no choice if she wanted to get to Arithmancy class on time. “Fine, I’ll do your Potions homework.” She said with a sigh.

The handsome boy’s face immediately lit up as he stared down at his best friend, “Oh you truly are amazing Dreamer!” he exclaimed with excitement as he picked up the frustrated nerd in a hug, spinning her around in the air as he received many stares. Though Kayla received a few incoming glares from his many fan girls he had at this school, being a girl and the best friend of one of the most attractive guys in school is not always peaches and cream. “I love you Dreamer!” Derek exclaimed childishly as he set her small physique back down on the ground as he stared into the vividly green eyes, her dark black hair falling loosely in front of her face as just the hint of pink flushed her cheeks.