Chapter 11

Adrianna's POV

    I was looking into blue eyes. That was the only part of my dream that seemed focused. The rest was all ablur. I couldn't concentrate on anything but those eyes.Those eyes, so blue. Not even a fleck of any other colour could be seen. I watched those blue eyes, as emotion flickered through them; happiness, lust, longing, anger, sorrow, etc.

   The eyes spoke words, words that invaded my mind. Peace, blue, Love, don't go, Won't leave, Stay strong, Be you, Take me with you, free me from this, can't take it, going no where, Always, Stay safe.

   However, one thing caught my attention and echoed throughout my dream. I won't hurt you

   I clung to those words, as I let the eyes lure me in. I felt numb, I couldn't feel any part of my body, and I couldn't see anything but those eyes.

   Finally I broke free of their grasp, and I was plunged into darkness. There was a light in the dark, not too far off, but I couldn't reach it. I tried to speak, but couldn't find my voice. I wanted to run towards the sole thing in my vision left, but I wasn't moving. I stood stolk still as I watched the light fade, and flicker like a star. It grew slightly, coming closer. I tried to ask "Can I trust you?", but nothing came. Somehow, the light heard me although the words never got past my lips.

   "I won't hurt you." I heard someone say.

   Can I trust you? I thought.

   "I won't hurt you."

   I know that, but how do I know you'll keep your word?

   "I just will. Come to me."

    I can't. How do I move?

    "Find your heartbeat."

   What?

    "I won't hurt you."

   Suddenly the dark swallowed me whole, and I slowly opened my eyes.

    My eyes instantly adjusted to the darkness of night. I looked around, looking for something I recognized, and saw the figure by the campfire. I sat up, rubbing my eyes. I stretched, trying to loosen my muscles, and wake up my body.

    The fire casted shadows, which made it hard to see the figure trying to tend to the flames that licked the wood and leaves that made it up.

   "Are you awake?" I heard the man ask.

   I yawned. I contemplated answering, wondering if he actually knew. I decided on my better judgement to tell him I was. Also, my stomach was growling like a dog does when a mailman walks by.

   "Yeah, I'm awake." I said, standing up. I ran my pale, skinny fingers through my black hair. I found that leaves decided they'd make themselves at home in the knots of hair on my head.

   I walked over and sat down beside the man. I stole a glance up at him. He seemed different. There was something in the way he held himself that didn't seem right. He looked distracted. I couldn't see his features properly, because of his little shimmery trick, but I knew something was up.

    He reached over to the fire, and pulled off a little shishkebob of meat and herbs. "Eat. You need the energy,"

    I nodded, taking the stick of food from him. He gave me a small smile, and took one for himself. We ate in silence, acting like the other isn't even there. I didn't mind, I kind of appreciated the fact that he wasn't as talkative as Tori.

    After eating two shishkebobs, I decided to break the silence. "Who are you?"

    He looked over at me, shaking his head. I knew I wasn't going to get anything from him, but I asked again. "Who are you?"

   He sighed. "What's it to you?"

   I watched the light dancing across his face, trying to penetrate through whatever shimmery barrier he had put up.

   "You seem to know me, and you seem to know all of my whereabouts. Not that it bothers me, but why do you keep saving me?"

    He looked up at the moon that stood proud high in the sky. "It's complicated. You wouldn't understand or even believe me if I told you."

   I laughed humorlessly. "A couple days ago, I probably wouldn't have, but after that strange faceless man decided he didn't like me and wanted me dead, I think I'd believe anything. Not to mention your little trick with the light so you seem blurred."

   He smiled at me. "I'm really not supposed to tell you."

   "On who's orders?" I asked, testing his patience.

    "Not supposed to tell you that either." He chowed down on his fourth shishkebob.

   I sighed. "Why can't you tell me?"

   "Why do you want to know so bad?"

    "Look, suck it up and break the rules!" I said, smacking my fist into my hand with determination.

   He bellowed out a laugh, one that seemed familiar. It hit me. I knew who he was. The eyes, the laugh, and the muscled body.

   "William?" I asked.