Chapter 10 : Problems

Aaralyn walked in the hallway and into her classroom. This was only her second day since she arrived, and she already has problems! 

Aaralyn took a seat far away from Braylon's seat. His attitude yesterday was too much. She can't give him any reason to think that they're friends.

 The twins entered the classroom and spotted Aaralyn not in the seat she was in yesterday. So, they took the seats next to her. J.C. on her right, and Jayce on her left.

"Hey, Aaralyn!" both of them exclaimed. "Why are you sitting here? You weren't sitting there yesterday."

"Well, I wanted something different today," she said, trying not to put her business out there.

"Okay...," J.C. started.

"...then," finished Jayce.

"So are you both going to be sitting here with me too?"she asked, with one eyebrow raised.

"Yeah!"replied J.C.

"Totally! We're your friends! C'mon, tell us what's the matter," pushed Jayce.

"There's nothing wrong!" exclaimed Aaralyn.

"We're back at square one again-"

"Hey, guys!" exclaimed a very confused Arcell. "Aaralyn, don't you sit over here?" he said, while pointing to the desk next to his.

"Did you hear something?"she asked sarcastically to the twins.

"Nope."

"Nada."

"Cool, now let's be quiet since the teacher's coming."

Soon, the bell rang signaling that the class has begun.

Arcell just stared at the trio while taking his seat. He knew that they were trying to win the bet, but he couldn't stop feeling a bit guilty. Just in one day, he realized she was actually pretty nice. He might even catch feelings for her for real. He isn't afraid to admit it himself, no, he wasn't that dense. However, it isn't like him to fall for someone, especially so soon. It was usually the opposite. Every girl he met was usually in love with him or someone else from his group of friends. But never in his life has he had that "love at first sight" phrase happen to him. There really must be a first for everything.

He couldn't help but feel a bit jealous when the twins touched her forehead trying to see if she had a fever. And especially when they hugged Aaralyn. Aaralyn then turned slightly red and pushed them off, but their interaction still caused him to scowl and turn around  from the scene. He has never believed this was going to happen. Pathetic, right?

Arcell sighed. He turned his attention to the board. Their assignment today was to write a page and a half about someone they love or admire.

Is everyone out to get him? What a coincidence. Anyway, he got his pencil and began to write. Just because he doesn't turn in his homework and assignments doesn't mean he's stupid. He's very smart actually. But only when he wants to, of course. And he also learned that Aaralyn was very meticulous and very smart. She actually tried hard in school. Knowing this helped Arcell come up with his next scheme to spend more time with Aaralyn.

----------

"Jayce! J.C.! Please stop hugging me," Aaralyn complained, pushing them off. 

The twins suddenly decided to hug her when she told them she wasn't in a good mood. They started asking questions about her health and other things. She said she was okay, but they didn't believe her. So they had to check her forehead to see if she had a fever. She clearly didn't have one. She  thinks they just said that as an excuse to touch her. And when she said she literally didn't have one, they said she was grouchy and that a hug could fix that. So, they hugged her which caused her to blush.