Chapter 4 : The New Girl

Braylon sat in his class, wondering when the new girl was going to show. On his left, sat Jayce and J.C. It was a rare sight to see. They almost never go to class. Arcell was probably skipping class, walking around, being lost in the way of life. 

"The new girl is late," thought Braylon. "Or maybe she's not coming at all. Wow, class is boring. Looks like I came here for nothing. What a drag. Can't believe I let Arcell get me excited."

 Someone knocked on the door, drawing everybody's attention.

The teacher, Mr. Monrey, halted. "Who is it? It doesn't matter. You're late, go get a note from the principal," he ordered, not opening the locked door. 

"I do have one. Can you open the door now?" replied the voice of a girl.

"Alright, then." Mr. Monrey said, suspiciously, questioning if the girl actually had a note. He opened the door.

The girl had long brown hair that flowed down onto her mid-back. She had a lip ring on the left corner of her bottom lip. She had on light makeup that enhanced her facial features and electric blue eyes. She was wearing a tight black T-shirt with a smiley face in the center. Under the smiely face, it had the word "smile" in colorful letters. She was also wearing high-waisted black shorts with a pair of black and white converse.

"You're out of dress code," the teacher deadpanned. "And you can't have jewelry on your face other than your ears."

"It's alright, I got permission," replied the girl. "From the principal, herself." She heard the students in the class gasp in confusion and shock which caused her to roll her eyes.

"That's impossible," replied Mr. Monrey. "She would never allow it."

"Here, look for yourself," answered the girl, handing the note to Mr. Monrey. He snatched it out of her hands, causing the girl to scoff and cross her arms in front of her chest.

The note read :

"Aaralyn is a new student. Please excuse her tardiness, she was with me. She also has permission to be out of dress code and keep her piercings. She is the only exception. Also, when she is done with her work, she is allowed to listen to her music device. I will surely say that she is a wonderful student. 

                                                                                                          Ms. Exie "

Mr. Monrey paled. "Okay. Listen up class, we have a new student and her name is Aaralyn Maine. Now please take a seat."

"Thank you," mumbled Aaralyn.

Aaralyn passed by some students when a pair of twins caught her eyes. They were staring at her smirking. She was about to tell them to stop and flick them off but decided against it. She took a seat in the corner with two empty desks beside her.

"So as I was saying," Mr. Monrey stated, but was again interrupted by loud knocking. "Who is it now?!"

"It's me, Arcell!" yelled a boy behind the locked door.

"Do you have a note Arcell?" asked Mr. Monrey, who was very annoyed with all the interruptions today.

"Yes I do," replied Arcell.

"Okay, let me see it," ordered Mr. Monrey while unlocking the door. He opened the door to reveal a tall brown haired boy wearing the school's uniform. The boy's uniform consisted of a white long sleeved buttoned up shirt with black pants.

Arcell gave his note to Mr. Monrey. "Fine, take a seat"

"Don't mind if I do," he said.

Arcell made his way to his desk which was right next to Aaralyn's.

"Hi, I'm Arcell. Nice to meet you." He said while extending his hand.

"Hmm," Aaralyn said, not accepting his out-stretched hand.

"So I'm assuming you're Aaralyn," Arcell said.

"Hmm." Aaralyn said once again, but wondered how he knew her name, since he wasn't in class when Mr. Monrey introduced her.

"You're new here, how about I give you a tour of the school?" Arcell asked with his signature smile.

"Sure, why not?" replied Aaralyn, finally. "I'm looking for someone here anyways. Hopefully I'll have a class with him."

"Him?" asked Arcell.

"Yes, a 'him'," Aaralyn said rolling her eyes.

"Yeah, my best friend," thought Aaralyn sadly. "How I would love to see him again."