To, My Wonderful Mom

Dear Mom,

I can never fully express my gratitude towards you and all that you do, but I hope I can try with this letter. I know things have been hard for you, raising a kid all alone on one lone paycheck, but somehow you've done it and you've done it well. We never went cold, hungry or without electricity. You always gave me money for books, to get a little snack at lunch or just for a hot cup of coffee in the morning.

When I'm asked who is the strongest person I know, you're the one person that comes to mind. I can't imagine what it was like going through a divorce and raising a toddler at the same time. In addition to that, you did all of this while working full-time. While growing up, you had to play the role of both mom and dad, something that I'm sure wasn't easy. I could never put myself in your shoes, and not imagine all that you've had to go through to be the person that you are currently.

I can never thank you enough for all that you have done for me. Thank you for being there for every school band performance, even though you were bored senseless. Thank you for going to every home badminton game I played during high school. Thank you for reading every article I've written-whether back in high school or now as I write for multiple publications. Thank you for sacrificing things such as a new car for yourself, just so I can go to college debt free. Thank you for your support whenever I need it. Thank you for never denying me books so I can grow up to appreciate them. Thank you for teaching me how to be a strong woman like you are because you went through hell and back and lived to tell the tale. Mom, you are the true definition of Super Woman, because I believe there's nothing you can't do or accomplish.

Like many mothers and daughters before us, we argue and fight. But, I'd like to think that we are the real-life "Gilmore Girls," as I come to you for everything and have a close relationship with you. I hope I've made you proud in all of my accomplishments, from getting a job at a local paper to making Dean's List in college. I remember how when I graduated high school, you were bawling with tears of joy. I can't wait to graduate college just to see the look on your face.

I know I don't say this enough, but thank you, Mom, for everything. You're truly the best mom that I could have asked for, and I am lucky to have you in my life.

Love,
Natalie

(alos didn't write this one. My mom isn't a single mom and i do currently live with both my mom and dad and little sister but i thought this was amazing. i feel like there is no possible way to thank your parents enough for what they have done, especially growing up not as well off.)